Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
depends how hard you wipe it and if you use washing up liquid

Lemon juice & white vinegar is good for windows.. It may also work on a pan?
Good info, but I think you misunderstood that I want to buy a frying pan to put it in the halogen oven??
I want to buy a frying pan that can clean easily and ditch the halogen oven. I want to fry stuff instead.

I'm thinking, line the frying pan with tin foil, remove the handle from the frying pan? It tends to be one bolt in the hilt of the pan handle. (A screw driver would help remove it.) then place in your oven...
One bespoke, self cleaning oven friendly frying pan.. In fact it will never get dirty...

Just like the day you bought it.

.... But without the handle!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You clean it by putting it in the sink and wipe it with kitchen paper, then you rinse it in hot water in the sink. You can let it drip dry, or wipe it dry with a clean tea towel.

Your basic cleaning 101 should kick in here, my grand kids understand this bit about wiping up...

Would it not be simpler to wipe dry using kitchen paper..?
Why risk getting a tea towel wet?? o_O

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems like yet another incarnation of that 'greener' person to me. Not sure why anyone bothers to respond as it's always the same childish games around food and cooking.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use disposable plates.
The halogen oven doesn't cook good, it dries the meat too quickly, I think frying is better method.

Right, thanks for explaining.

They don't make disposable cookware like frying pans. Even if you get a wok, it will still need care - that is, you'll have to spend as much time caring for it as you would a normal pan (although the care it needs will be different).

So you have two options -

1) use an oven to bake your meat in disposable foil trays

2) use a frying pan or wok and put the time in caring for it as normal people do. If you don't have plates to wash, then you can use the time you've saved washing or oiling or seasoning a frying pan or wok.

Questions for you:

A) Do you have a grill?

B) Do you have a normal cooker with an oven you can bake things in?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread is getting sillier I think the OP is just having a laugh

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The OP will need a good pair of oven gloves to go with the fry pans sans handle.

I would have to definitely concur with your hazard assessment @Tipetoo .
One could however alow the contents to cool in the pan, then transfer into a microwaveable dish & reheat in the microwave later..?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

And this person calls me ridiculous for having the impression that she thinks I intend to use a frying pan in the oven:

It's the best for searing and it can go right in the oven to roast further cooking.

Stainless steel can also be used at high heats and go right in the oven.

I believe it can also go right into the oven up to 425 degrees.

I use a cast iron grill pan to seat steak and lamb chops. Then in the oven they go to finish roasting. Veggies are great I it too.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good info, but I think you misunderstood that I want to buy a frying pan to put it in the halogen oven??
I want to buy a frying pan that can clean easily and ditch the halogen oven. I want to fry stuff instead.

You are quite correct @carbolysis , you did! & there is nothing like a good fry up..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is what a normal intelligent person would do. :meh:

Funny enough.. This is what I'm sometimes resorting to with a "reheat" coming home late from a band practice after work.? My wife having had her's hours earlier & leaving something to possibly heat up on my return.... She's good like that! :cool:

D

Deleted member 308541

My wife having had her's hours earlier & leaving something to possibly heat up on my return.... She's good like that! :cool:
I enjoyed munching on cold ram chops, or piece of steak or sausages when I came home from work at midnight. Always a nice cold beer or three to wash it down as well.

Reactions: Jaylee

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I enjoyed munching on cold ram chops, or piece of steak or sausages when I came home from work at midnight. Always a nice cold beer or three to wash it down as well.
I prefer cold lamb chops over ram chops. Lol. Sorry. I know I have millions of typos. Just made me laugh.

Not sure why but I generally prefer cold protein ( other than white fish ) In fact I took my cold chili today and put it on crispy lettuce with a dollop of mayo and avo chunks. Preferred it over warm.

Now when we talk cheese I always like it better melted

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I prefer cold lamb chops over ram chops. Lol. Sorry. I know I have millions of typos. Just made me laugh.

Not sure why but I generally prefer cold protein ( other than white fish ) In fact I took my cold chili today and put it on crispy lettuce with a dollop of mayo and avo chunks. Preferred it over warm.

Now when we talk cheese I always like it better melted

Heating up a bit of chilli with a lettuce wrap.. The only hard work I have at midnight is grating more cheese! ;)

D

Deleted member 308541

When I worked in the meat industry in Mt Isa, we never got lambs at the shops always sheep.

The customer asked for a leg of lamb we just cut the leg of mutton smaller. Lamb chops were always called ram chops by the local Aboriginal people, so good enough for them good enough for me.

Talking about the Aboriginal people, when I first went to Mt Isa, they came into the shop and asked for " one dollah bitchen peaches" I had to ask the shop manager what they were on about. He said they wanted $1.00 worth of bits and pieces / meat scraps. :D

Reactions: Jaylee