Yearly diabetic review.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @zand, I'm chuffed!

I'd be ecstatic if my team had some form!
yes, I was going to put something like that in my post but thought better of it. I didn't want to ruin your day:D Still FGR aren't doing amazingly either lol. :rolleyes:

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry @CherryAA the information you want I haven't got.
Ldl 0.7.trips I assume would be around 2.0(?)
But , the answer is yes my cholesterol has improved greatly since being very low carb.

I have no form of reference other than high at diagnosis because of hyperinsulinaemia and normal now. I didn't think to get a read out.
As I was too chuffed to think clearly (and relieved!)

They are great results anyway, your doctor will have the data if at any point you want to find out :) but no matter - the trend you mention is the predicted one and you did a great job!

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results but I thought the most important thing for you with RH is avoiding hypos which they can't test for.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Great results but I thought the most important thing for you with RH is avoiding hypos which they can't test for.
It is really important to avoid hypos.
If you want to avoid hypos you first have to avoid the hypers, which triggers the excess insulin response.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is really important to avoid hypos.
If you want to avoid hypos you first have to avoid the hypers, which triggers the excess insulin response.

If you look at the two weeks data I just published

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/home-oggt-results.126223/page-3#post-1560358

You can see this oscillating pendulum effect starting up in a standard t2 diabetic ( me) as carbs are increased or reduced and thus insulin responses get more dramatic - no doubt this effect is magnified with reactive hypoglaecaemia