A Unifying theory of disease

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've put this out on twitter - directly linked to my blog post on here. Prof Tim Noakes just retweeted it - so COOL !

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good analysis..not surprised Prof Noakes retweeted. Well thought out and constructed.. I'm in awe.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.mdedge.com/clinicalendoc...-diabetes-encompasses-three-distinct-subtypes

In this study T2 diabetes was classified into three types - one's not making enough insulin, those making too much and somewhere in the middle ( classic) -

The point of Note is

Patients with insulinopenic type 2 diabetes had an average body mass index of 26.9 kg/m2, were sensitive to insulin, and had a relatively low prevalence of cardiovascular disease, compared with the other two types. Cardiovascular disease prevalence was highest among the hyperinsulinemic patients, who were generally obese and had a 25% cardiovascular disease prevalence compared with a 13% rate in those with insulinopenic diabetes, and an 18% rate in those with classic type 2 diabetes. ( a mixture of the two )

Per Kraft - Insulinopenic is NOT ENOUGH INSULIN.

Another confirmation that High Circulating Insulin is a disease - bring it down you reduce the incidence of cardiovascular disease ( plus everything else ) So if you follow a diet that minimises the need for insulin you become healthier for everything .

You don't need insulin to metabolise fat, you don't need much insulin to metabolise proteins, You do need insulin to metabolise carbs .

ergo restrict carbs be healthier . LCHF wins ( and anything else that has the effect of reducing insulin ) which is probably very low calorie, intermittent fasting, paleo, and real food mediterranean diets.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
http://www.mdedge.com/clinicalendoc...-diabetes-encompasses-three-distinct-subtypes

In this study T2 diabetes was classified into three types - one's not making enough insulin, those making too much and somewhere in the middle ( classic) -

The point of Note is

Patients with insulinopenic type 2 diabetes had an average body mass index of 26.9 kg/m2, were sensitive to insulin, and had a relatively low prevalence of cardiovascular disease, compared with the other two types. Cardiovascular disease prevalence was highest among the hyperinsulinemic patients, who were generally obese and had a 25% cardiovascular disease prevalence compared with a 13% rate in those with insulinopenic diabetes, and an 18% rate in those with classic type 2 diabetes. ( a mixture of the two )

Per Kraft - Insulinopenic is NOT ENOUGH INSULIN.

Another confirmation that High Circulating Insulin is a disease - bring it down you reduce the incidence of cardiovascular disease ( plus everything else ) So if you follow a diet that minimises the need for insulin you become healthier for everything .

You don't need insulin to metabolise fat, you don't need much insulin to metabolise proteins, You do need insulin to metabolise carbs .

ergo restrict carbs be healthier . LCHF wins ( and anything else that has the effect of reducing insulin ) which is probably very low calorie, intermittent fasting, paleo, and real food mediterranean diets.

Hi again @CherryAA,

If you have read most of my threads about RH.
The reason why it is so important to maintain normal blood glucose levels is to prevent the trigger to produce insulin. No hyper means no hypo!
So not eating carbs as such, eliminate unnecessary insulin.
Being in and around normal levels helps repair the endocrine system and also helps with fat storage and energy levels. The benefits of no insulin resistance is brilliant and any liver and kidney function tests, fatty liver, it clears brain fog and any symptoms recognised as diabetic fluctuations in blood glucose levels.

Very low carb diet works.
I would recommend it.

The theory that hyperinsulinaemia is part of the high circulating insulin is a major factor in endocrine conditions is really enlightening.

Wow!

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again @CherryAA,

If you have read most of my threads about RH.
The reason why it is so important to maintain normal blood glucose levels is to prevent the trigger to produce insulin. No hyper means no hypo!
So not eating carbs as such, eliminate unnecessary insulin.
Being in and around normal levels helps repair the endocrine system and also helps with fat storage and energy levels. The benefits of no insulin resistance is brilliant and any liver and kidney function tests, fatty liver, it clears brain fog and any symptoms recognised as diabetic fluctuations in blood glucose levels.

Very low carb diet works.
I would recommend it.

The theory that hyperinsulinaemia is part of the high circulating insulin is a major factor in endocrine conditions is really enlightening.

Wow!

To be honest I am a little lost on all this - everywhere you look on the internet, more and more people are talking about hyper-insulinaemia as contributing to practically all diseases.

I really do not understand why we are not simply saying High Insulin is a DISEASE, check yours,

Your fasting insulin should be circa 2-6 uiU/mL or 12- 40 pmol/l - if its not DO something- REDUCE carbs

If its too high you will be prey to dozens of symptoms, of which one of the last to manifest will actually be diabetes, the others will be - cancer, CVD, alzheimers, stroke, PCOS, infertility, impotence, allergies, MS, inflammatory conditions, coeliac disease, food intolerances , sepsis, blindness, carpel tunnel syndrome, frozen shoulder, brittle bones, liver disease , kidney disease , mental anxiety, depression, snoring, sleep apnea etc etc etc.

We should be saying Insulin is the most potent thing in the human body, we all need a bit of it but not much and if you have too much of it, it needs to be got rid of - the easiest way to do that is to cut down carbs as a proportion of your diet and in absolute gram terms that way you will both manufacture less and if your own is deficient in some way will need to inject less of it. .

It doesn't matter where you are on the spectrum of identified health conditions - getting that one number down for which there is an EASY route will improve your overall health.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
To be honest I am a little lost on all this - everywhere you look on the internet, more and more people are talking about hyper-insulinaemia as contributing to practically all diseases.

I really do not understand why we are not simply saying High Insulin is a DISEASE, check yours,

Your fasting insulin should be circa 2-6 uiU/mL or 12- 40 pmol/l - if its not DO something- REDUCE carbs

If its too high you will be prey to dozens of symptoms, of which one of the last to manifest will actually be diabetes, the others will be - cancer, CVD, alzheimers, stroke, PCOS, infertility, impotence, allergies, MS, inflammatory conditions, coeliac disease, food intolerances , sepsis, blindness, carpel tunnel syndrome, frozen shoulder, brittle bones, liver disease , kidney disease , mental anxiety, depression, snoring, sleep apnea etc etc etc.

We should be saying Insulin is the most potent thing in the human body, we all need a bit of it but not much and if you have too much of it, it needs to be got rid of - the easiest way to do that is to cut down carbs as a proportion of your diet and in absolute gram terms that way you will both manufacture less and if your own is deficient in some way will need to inject less of it. .

It doesn't matter where you are on the spectrum of identified health conditions - getting that one number down for which there is an EASY route will improve your overall health.
Totally agree!
My return to health, or as good as I'm going to be at my age!
Was all down to having as few carbs as possible.
And ridding my blood of insulin!
Insulin resistance gone!
And all my endocrine conditions!
I would also like to think that my pancreas would possibly be able to behave but I'm not going there!

I wish everyone could read your thesis!

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.diabetesforecast.org/201...t&utm_content=092417-Skeleton&utm_campaign=DF

This makes perfect sense if High Circulating Insulin is the disease -

"that when it comes to bone, the issue for people with type 2 diabetes may be one of quality, not quantity. “Normally people with type 2 diabetes have normal or increased bone density,” Khosla says. “But despite having normal bone density, they have an increased risk of fractures, perhaps because the bone quality is poor.” In people with type 1, the fracture risk is even worse, and weak bones may be the problem. Like many complications of diabetes, there are probably lots of factors at play. Studies suggest that high blood glucose is partly responsible for weaker bones, for example. “Bone material properties were correlated with glycemic control over 10 years. The worse the glycemic control, the worse the bone material quality"

or stated more simply
I believe

The higher circulating insulin the more your bones will be affected. Get down circulating insulin - cut the carbs reduce fasting insulin.

Researchers stop looking at the trees and see the big picture !

Get fasting insulin tests done, For anyone above the healthy range reduce carbs until they are as low as the patient needs t get into the range if possible . THAT is the way to improve a healthy lifespan for everything !

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree!
My return to health, or as good as I'm going to be at my age!
Was all down to having as few carbs as possible.
And ridding my blood of insulin!
Insulin resistance gone!
And all my endocrine conditions!
I would also like to think that my pancreas would possibly be able to behave but I'm not going there!

I wish everyone could read your thesis!

Me too !! - this is EVERYWHERE , study after study of people looking at tiny details - and opining on tiny things and complex details and worrying about which particular type of diet works for which particular illness,

They are all RIGHT -

The only explanation for 30 years of arguing is that everyone has been blinded by the detail so study after study is one step removed from the real issue and adds confusion,
In my view
ANY diet that serves to reduce circulating insulin will improve health the faster the better.

That's it - to decide what to do

All that is needed is the expenditure of about £100 for anyone
buy a glucose monitor
buy a rapilose test
give yourself an OGTT ; measure your glucose at 30mins, 1 hr, 2 hr, 3 hr, 4 hrs
Compare that to the Kraft curves
Decide how deranged your metabolism is, cut carbs to suit
repeat at annual intervals
Ask your doctor for a fasting Insulin test if you want confirmation - but the above does it anyway.
Job Done