What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.3 this morning. Seeing practice nurse for a foot check due to numbness in right foot. Either neuropathy or my back still causing havoc. Trying to get rid of crutch/stick but wobbly legs and unbalance blocking me.

D

Diabeticliberty

Snap!! 6.3:) Very happy with that after Andy's very cakey birthday weekend;).. Enjoy you week everyone.

6.3mmols after a cake filled weekend? Blimey that is pretty damned awesome if you ask me. Speaking of cake remember we were talking and you said 'I've got a cake weekend and you had a great big huge enormous massive piece for me? Where is it then?

PS Happy birthday Andy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi everyone
BG at 4.30am. 5.9
At 8 am 6.1
That's not a bad result ,only had a cup coffee after last test,won't eat now until lunch.
I usually follow this regime, daily fasting from around 5 pm after evening meal to 12 pm lunchtime following day.
It helps with BG levels and weight loss ,but like some on here I'm not good all the time I have an occasional treat now and then.
I'm not on any meds. just diet controlled, and I've been type2 diabetic for 17 years,never been so grateful to have found this site its brilliant. The help and advice given helps all diabetics have some control probably for the first time since diagnosis. So Thank you Thank you! K

D

Diabeticliberty

Hi everyone
BG at 4.30am. 5.9
At 8 am 6.1
That's not a bad result ,only had a cup coffee after last test,won't eat now until lunch.
I usually follow this regime, daily fasting from around 5 pm after evening meal to 12 pm lunchtime following day.
It helps with BG levels and weight loss ,but like some on here I'm not good all the time I have an occasional treat now and then.
I'm not on any meds. just diet controlled, and I've been type2 diabetic for 17 years,never been so grateful to have found this site its brilliant. The help and advice given helps all diabetics have some control probably for the first time since diagnosis. So Thank you Thank you! K

I really do respect all type 2's who are able to achieve what you are doing without any medication. It must take more grit, determination and will power than I can ever dream of. I can cheat as I am given insulin. You lot are just left to pretty much sink or swim. It doesn't seem right to me. It certainly isn't fair.

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all

I hope your all set for the week ahead and have a glorious one.

5.7 at 0420 this morning back to sleep

0735 upon waking 6.6 (3 unit of novorapid)

0844 Pre breakfast 4.9 (1.5 units for my very low carb seed and nut alpro yogurt) good lashing of cinnamon. Like Xmas in a bowl.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I really do respect all type 2's who are able to achieve what you are doing without any medication. It must take more grit, determination and will power than I can ever dream of. I can cheat as I am given insulin. You lot are just left to pretty much sink or swim. It doesn't seem right to me. It certainly isn't fair.
Hi Diabeticliberty what we diabetics have to do to maintain our BG does not come over night, it's through finding the information given on here that I achieved some insite into what we need to do to take back control of our own bodies, you will learn but it takes time to absorb all the info you need to help yourself. But has many people here have achieved this it is testament to the fact it does work. But we all fall down occasionally but we have to pick ourselves up and get back on the wagon so to speak,seek out the information to help yourself it's all on hear just ask the questions you need to help yourself. I'm confident you will achieve your goal. Kathleen

D

Diabeticliberty

Hi Diabeticliberty what we diabetics have to do to maintain our BG does not come over night, it's through finding the information given on here that I achieved some insite into what we need to do to take back control of our own bodies, you will learn but it takes time to absorb all the info you need to help yourself. But has many people here have achieved this it is testament to the fact it does work. But we all fall down occasionally but we have to pick ourselves up and get back on the wagon so to speak,seek out the information to help yourself it's all on hear just ask the questions you need to help yourself. I'm confident you will achieve your goal. Kathleen

Thank you for your help Kathleen. I have been diabetic for 33 years in 6 weeks time. I am very familiar with gaining and maintaining blood glucose control both for type 1 and type 2 diabetics. I have provided support in places other than this Forum. I do fully appreciate what it is like to 'fall off the wagon' having done it myself many many times and have been provided help to get back right on it. I have also helped others back on it when they have 'fallen off themselves.

Reactions: Prem51