Health proffesion are learning

centaur68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know it's only pre hospital & not NICE or a load of Doctors but in a recent Paramedic update I was on this week, the low carb programme was mentioned by tutors who actively dismissed the old ways of thinking, said that T2 diabetes CAN be reversed/ put in remission by LCHF, explained reasoning behind it & when I put my hand up & said what I'd managed to do on it & mentioned this website & forum, tutors told rest of class to read up on it & will do with upcoming courses.

another tutor has been reading up on the old evidence about fats & also LCHF & is now convinced..

still a long way to go, but it's a start !!!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I know it's only pre hospital & not NICE or a load of Doctors but in a recent Paramedic update I was on this week, the low carb programme was mentioned by tutors who actively dismissed the old ways of thinking, said that T2 diabetes CAN be reversed/ put in remission by LCHF, explained reasoning behind it & when I put my hand up & said what I'd managed to do on it & mentioned this website & forum, tutors told rest of class to read up on it & will do with upcoming courses.

another tutor has been reading up on the old evidence about fats & also LCHF & is now convinced..

still a long way to go, but it's a start !!!

Excellent - how great that the message is getting out there :)

Reactions: KimWheeler

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear! Also great that you had the chance to put in your two-pennorth - hope it bears some fruit !

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes the messages are getting out and being received albeit slowly, but I think and hope a wind of change is blowing.
I'm lucky in that my GP is fairly well clued up on recent research and not totally wedded to what NICE says.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Most people need to be told something in 5 different ways from 5 different sources before they are willing to change their thinking, with more and more people talking about low carb this is beginning to happen.