1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Health proffesion are learning

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by centaur68, Sep 29, 2017.

1. centaur68

centaur68 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I know it's only pre hospital & not NICE or a load of Doctors but in a recent Paramedic update I was on this week, the low carb programme was mentioned by tutors who actively dismissed the old ways of thinking, said that T2 diabetes CAN be reversed/ put in remission by LCHF, explained reasoning behind it & when I put my hand up & said what I'd managed to do on it & mentioned this website & forum, tutors told rest of class to read up on it & will do with upcoming courses.

another tutor has been reading up on the old evidence about fats & also LCHF & is now convinced..

still a long way to go, but it's a start !!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

Excellent - how great that the message is getting out there :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Salvia

Salvia Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Good to hear! Also great that you had the chance to put in your two-pennorth - hope it bears some fruit !

4. miahara

miahara Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Yes the messages are getting out and being received albeit slowly, but I think and hope a wind of change is blowing.
    I'm lucky in that my GP is fairly well clued up on recent research and not totally wedded to what NICE says.

5. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Most people need to be told something in 5 different ways from 5 different sources before they are willing to change their thinking, with more and more people talking about low carb this is beginning to happen.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook