What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

Thank diabeticliberty how are you today

I am not doing too bad thank you. I would of course be a whole lot better if it was Saturday morning or even Sunday. I go through a curious routine on Friday evenings. I get home from work, sit down, blink and all of a sudden it's Monday morning again. Just doesn't seem at all fair. How are you too?

D

Diabeticliberty

@OrsonKartt Too right it's working for you. Really well done with it.

I have been looking at the Atkins Diet myself but then found one that is quite similar but not as hard going. I am going to eat loads of low carb sausages, bacon, spam and other stuff. I am then going to eat loads of high fat chips, roast spuds and cheeseburgers. I start the Ron Atkinson (football manager) diet tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone..............6.5 my Metformin dose has been lowered from three to two because of lowered Hb so morning readings are higher than before.:) Have a good day everyone,hope the sun is shining for you.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today
it's a bit chilly today back here in North Scotland, before I lost so much weight I never had a problem being warm enough but I suppose it's only to be expected.

Time for me to buy some woolly drawers d'ya think? ;)

Jodiej1913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am not doing too bad thank you. I would of course be a whole lot better if it was Saturday morning or even Sunday. I go through a curious routine on Friday evenings. I get home from work, sit down, blink and all of a sudden it's Monday morning again. Just doesn't seem at all fair. How are you too?

I am good thanks i might do a bit of Christmas shopping

Reactions: ziggy_w

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me , after a year of testing multiple times a day, adjusting what I eat and what I do, having done the Newcastle diet then stuck as close to a low carb lifestyle as I can morning sugar levels are a very good indicator of my progress. I find it very, very useful . I can see that at an earlier stage more was required but now I am inspired by those who can maintain good levels. Hey thats my thoughts .....
Dear Orson

In your case, unlike a newly diagnosed diabetic, you have the experience to know what works for you and the confidence to make informed decisions. If you find that monitoring just your morning levels because you know having tested previously how your levels behave, I have absolutely no issue with that.

In your shoes, I would probably throw in some tests of pre and post prandial levels on the odd occasion, just to make sure that everything continues to be as expected.

But you may feel that this is not necessary and that fbg and I assume periodic Hba1c are sufficient for you purposes.

Last edited:

joeynomates1969

Well mine was 24mmol at 5.30 this morning! Im having trouble with the medication as I seem to be super sensitive and get all sorts of side effects. The last thing I tried was dapagliflozin. I thought it was going great but then during the night I woke up with really bad palpitations. It didn't feel like a panic attack. Anyway, I didn't take it again after that. Now my GP wants me to try a better version... Empagliflozin but I am just too scared to take it again I case I get palpitations. I. Also due to start work I a warehouse but Ive no energy and I'm scared I'll make myself worse if the job is too strenuous. I'm in a right pickle!

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Dear Orson

In your case, unlike a newly diagnoses diabetic, you have the experience to know what works for you and the confidence to make informed decisions. If you find that monitoring just your morning levels because you know having tested previously how your levels behave, I have absolutely no issue with that.

In your shoes I would probably through in some tests of pre and post prandial levels on the odd occasion just to make sure that everything continues to be as expected. But you may feel that this is not necessary and that fbg and I assume periodic Hba1c are sufficient for you purposes.

We all have to find our own way of doing things. For me after a year of multiple testing. ( sometimes 10+) times a day to make sense of both diet and activity I now find myself in what hopefully is a stable situation. Against the advise of my gp who doesn't seem to believe in personal monitoring at all for type 2's , I monitor at least once per day, usually upon waking. I am finding that if my morning number is under 6 generally all is ok. If above 6 I calorie restrict for a day or two which then lowers my fasting number.

This is all a big suck it and see thing. I have been incredibly disciplined and remain so as the alternative imho would be far worse.

D

debrasue

Naaahhhh I was rubbish and lost my last one. The others weren't too bad but they were against little old ladies and kids under 5. It was a million years ago and I have now settled into a life of beer and chips Infinitely more rewarding and I don't get beaten up :)

Regarding blood sugars, there's nothing wrong that I can see with your own
My son-in-law does MMA - that's a tough game. Very demanding, both physically and on your lifestyle. Respect.
I got a 6.2 this morning. Entirely self-inflicted, as I have zero self-restraint and low intelligence. :sorry: