Dark circles under the eyes! Really?

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An article in the Telegraph today about the diplomatic Mr Junker’s comments about Mrs May referred to dark circles under the eyes as a classic T1 symptom! Is this something else to look forward to? T1 really is the gift that keeps on giving! Lol! Thoughts?

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have dark circles, but never heard it being related to diabetes before!

Reactions: Sibyl

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An article in the Telegraph today about the diplomatic Mr Junker’s comments about Mrs May referred to dark circles under the eyes as a classic T1 symptom! Is this something else to look forward to? T1 really is the gift that keeps on giving! Lol! Thoughts?
I'd imagine the stressors encountered when running a country are more to blame than T1D... My eyes are fine:)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
So far touch wood mine are ok too - any other hidden surprises we can look forward to ?! :bag:

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes! Dark shadows around the eyes. It was very noticeable in my relative before diagnosis of T1. I have dark shadows around my eyes too.

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm more surprised that there is actually a link in between poorly controlled diabetes and eye shadows. I've been trying to get rid of mine for years and never thought that it could be diabetes related.
That just says uncontrolled diabetes are one of the many things which could lead to dark circles under the eyes.
I suspect Mrs May is more likely to be suffering from sleepless nights. Especially as she has only had diabetes for 5 years.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I had dark circles before I got my T2 under control - I always put it down to tiredness due to the constant waking up in the night for a pee.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That link didn't actually explain how or why and its just their own opinion, no explanations....

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My diabetes is currently under relatively decent control but I still have dark circles! Was even looking at a better covering makeup recently to try and make it not noticeable

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
LOL -- my mother ( 84 years old has dark circles -- and is not diabetic )
my wife often says I look like I have my mothers eyes -- I been Diabetic since 14 years old

can anyone connect the dots to correlate this theory ????????

( beyond me ):D