Trying to keep calm

Jazzman75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So i woke up with my sugar levels at 4.3 i feel like I'm having a hypo i get worried & grab anything sugary

Lordy100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many things
You've only just woken up :joyful: lucky you. Have a couple of jelly babies but remember the carbs to keep you going and to test.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @Jazzman75 yesterday you said you were type 2, now your profile says type1. Which are you? Where are you located? Can you get some formal diabetes education as it sounds like you are unclear about carbs and insulin.

D

Deleted Account

Technically, 4.3 is not a hypo. I think there is something called a "false hypo".
However, if your body is used to a high BG, it will feel like one.
Over time, as you train your body to become familiar with the lower BG, you will feel ok at 4.3.

In the meantime, don't overdo your hypo treatment - you need your body to become comfortable at this level.

Jazzman75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Jazzman75 yesterday you said you were type 2, now your profile says type1. Which are you? Where are you located? Can you get some formal diabetes education as it sounds like you are unclear about carbs and insulin.
I am type 1 i have always thought that type 1 was type 2 and I am in the south East area of London

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Right then. Can you ask your doctor/diabetes nurse for a carb count g course and to run through the basics of insulin action again? Just because you seem a little confused about carb counting and diabetes in general.

I suspect the blueberry juice and oats will send you high unless you housed for them.

You can do an online course that may help - Bertie
https://www.bertieonline.org.uk/

Jazzman75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went up to 15.4 & took 2 units of insulin i will test in 1 hour to see if it has come down