1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Trying to keep calm

Discussion in 'Young People/Adults' started by Jazzman75, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Jazzman75

Jazzman75 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So i woke up with my sugar levels at 4.3 i feel like I'm having a hypo i get worried & grab anything sugary

2. Lordy100

Lordy100 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You've only just woken up :joyful: lucky you. Have a couple of jelly babies but remember the carbs to keep you going and to test.

3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Jazzman75 yesterday you said you were type 2, now your profile says type1. Which are you? Where are you located? Can you get some formal diabetes education as it sounds like you are unclear about carbs and insulin.

4. Kim Possible

Kim Possible · Guest

Technically, 4.3 is not a hypo. I think there is something called a "false hypo".
    However, if your body is used to a high BG, it will feel like one.
    Over time, as you train your body to become familiar with the lower BG, you will feel ok at 4.3.

In the meantime, don't overdo your hypo treatment - you need your body to become comfortable at this level.

5. Jazzman75

Ok so I had some blueberry juice and then some oats

6. Jazzman75

I am type 1 i have always thought that type 1 was type 2 and I am in the south East area of London

7. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Right then. Can you ask your doctor/diabetes nurse for a carb count g course and to run through the basics of insulin action again? Just because you seem a little confused about carb counting and diabetes in general.

I suspect the blueberry juice and oats will send you high unless you housed for them.

You can do an online course that may help - Bertie
    https://www.bertieonline.org.uk/

8. Jazzman75

I went up to 15.4 & took 2 units of insulin i will test in 1 hour to see if it has come down

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook