What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmmn second coffee in...finally recovering some of my faculties...cognitive skills (no I have no idea what that means either...but I like the sound of it)...my aspirations for the day...prepare myself for the parade of 'Halloweenies' who will be banging on the door later today...the house is dressed...pumpkin carved...decrepit skeleton hanging from the door knocker...hairy spiders will be attached to that...if that doesn't deter the little treasures...nothing will..then.plan B...revert to the huge bucket of sweets behind the door...lots of oohs & aahs as I hand out copious amounts of sugar...resolve to be out next year

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And up we go again ... 7.5 :angelic:

Am still fighting an awful cold/cough thing so maybe that’s impacting - was a good low carber yesterday :)
Any kind of cough cold or infection will impact on our BG levels...not much we can do about that...no doubt when you're free of it...those numbers will come down...just a waiting game I'm afraid.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.1 for me today.

It's a bit overcast this morning but at least it's not freezing like yesterday:happy:

I don't know whether others who have lost a lot of weight have noticed the same thing but I don't seem to have anywhere near the tolerance for cold weather and low temperatures I had when I was very obese, hopefully my body will adapt though ;)
(I suppose it only makes an odd kind of sense that having removed a lot of my inner 'flab jacket' I'm going to perhaps have to compensate in the short term).

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.1 for me today.

It's a bit overcast this morning but at least it's not freezing like yesterday:happy:

I don't know whether others who have lost a lot of weight have noticed the same thing but I don't seem to have anywhere near the tolerance for cold weather and low temperatures I had when I was very obese, hopefully my body will adapt though ;)
(I suppose it only makes an odd kind of sense that having removed a lot of my inner 'flab jacket' I'm going to perhaps have to compensate in the short term).
Same here...I invested in a long length super padded Gillete for that very reason.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Flying visit today as I am about to take granddaughter to baby ballet. There really is a hell on earth.
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Made me laugh KOT...been there...done that...you'll get through it...make it home...strong coffee & a restorative treat would be scant reward...but...justifiable

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi everyone
BG this morning 6am 6.2
Just fancied a plain biscuit with my evening coffee yesterday evening so that will be the reason for the 6.2 BG.
It's now 11. 30 am not had a sit down or drink since I got up this morning around 6.30 am started cleaning in the conservatory all the pvc windows floors ornaments and glassware,mammoth job.
So I thought I would see how my BG was 5 hours later would you believe it 6.3 what the !!!!!!! Beggars belief? K

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
BG this morning 6am 6.2
Just fancied a plain biscuit with my evening coffee yesterday evening so that will be the reason for the 6.2 BG.
It's now 11. 30 am not had a sit down or drink since I got up this morning around 6.30 am started cleaning in the conservatory all the pvc windows floors ornaments and glassware,mammoth job.
So I thought I would see how my BG was 5 hours later would you believe it 6.3 what the !!!!!!! Beggars belief? K

Sometimes there is no logical reason behind contrary BG readings. Am sure the meter has a mind of its own sometimes.?

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Decided to test before and after lunch I was trying out a new loaf of bread!
Before lunch BG 5.4
2hours after lunch BG 6.5
Me thinks that's very good! K
Lunch 2 slices of Marks and Spencer's Spelt,pumkin seed and honey loaf with two thick slices of smoked bacon dash brown sauce cup tea, K
That looks good to me. It is tricky finding the right bread, I've been trying to eat bread with higher fiber in it.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
مرحبا وصباح جيد جدا لكم كل قطيعتي من الطاووس السكري غرامة و بياهنس. At 4.00am this morning Cecil the diabetic pigeon came tapping on my bedroom window with his beak. There was a series of 4 taps in rapid succession. My blood sugars are 4.0mmols. This went on until 5.00am when I climbed outside and wrung his neck. Pigeon pie anyone? To my extended diabetic family filled with derring do, may you all have a day of wild adventure.
Pigeon pie yum, how many carbs? ;) I might be adventurous and go to my library and show of my new Libre.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Fastig blood sugars were 6.0 this morning. This is the highest fasting levels I have seen since I started measuring a year ago and I didn't even cheat to show for it yesterday:arghh:.

Returned late from work yesterday, had nothing much during the day, had a late low-carb dinner (Swiss chard, onion, eggplant, prawns and desert of homemade low-carb chocolate mousse with about 2g of carbs per 100g and whipped cream), fell asleep on the sofa, woke up, did half an hour on the elliptical trainer and went to bed.

Diabetes sometimes just doesn't make sense.

Blood sugars are now down to 4.5.