What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

Pigeon pie yum, how many carbs? ;) I might be adventurous and go to my library and show of my new Libre.

They can be very good but can also be pretty bloody awful. I would advise caution until you establish exactly how it works for you. Some users seem to become obsessed with them and are not ready to consider that the Libre might be giving them spurious data. Once again they are good but I do not completely trust mine and would only recommend it as a minor part of my own condition management arsenal. I hope yours does exactly what you want from it for you.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.2 first thing
Have a good day peeps
Hi Cumberland do you take your cholesterol tablets in morning or evening doctor didn't say,I've been put on Atorvastatin 20 mg
I said I wouldn't go on statins again Has they caused me terrible cramps in night and itchy skin,doctors said this would be better it's newer than Simvastatin I was on 6/7 years ago. Not needed any meds upto going on high fat low carb diet but cholesterol has now crept up fron 4.5 to 7.5 so I needed to do something but cannot stand the side effects. Think I've been overdoing the fats and protein on the diet consequently high cholesterol and gout. K

Reactions: Cumberland
D

Diabeticliberty

Hello all. Fastig blood sugars were 6.0 this morning. This is the highest fasting levels I have seen since I started measuring a year ago and I didn't even cheat to show for it yesterday:arghh:.

Returned late from work yesterday, had nothing much during the day, had a late low-carb dinner (Swiss chard, onion, eggplant, prawns and desert of homemade low-carb chocolate mousse with about 2g of carbs per 100g and whipped cream), fell asleep on the sofa, woke up, did half an hour on the elliptical trainer and went to bed.

Diabetes sometimes just doesn't make sense.

Blood sugars are now down to 4.5.

Diabetes rarely makes sense. Your waking 6.0 is obviously just a very minor blip. It is still a highly respectable waking number. The fact that you are now down to 4.5 just serves to highlight how good your control really is. Tomorrow is another day :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumberland do you take your cholesterol tablets in morning or evening doctor didn't say,I've been put on Atorvastatin 20 mg
I said I wouldn't go on statins again Has they caused me terrible cramps in night and itchy skin,doctors said this would be better it's newer than Simvastatin I was on 6/7 years ago. Not needed any meds upto going on high fat low carb diet but cholesterol has now crept up fron 4.5 to 7.5 so I needed to do something but cannot stand the side effects. Think I've been overdoing the fats and protein on the diet consequently high cholesterol and gout. K

I take Atorvastatin at night
Was switched from Simvastatin fairly recently
Can’t really say that I’ve had any side effects
Tek care

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Simvastatin and pravastatin should be taken at night. Atorvastatin being more longer acting can be taken at any time. I just continue taking it at night

Reactions: Granny_grump_

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4d22909f91c7a8715a773c58573e195c.jpg

Good morning all

6,1 mmol/l as I continue to have a cold. No exercise walk today either as I try to shake this off.

Pavlos

D

Diabeticliberty

Kulungile isizwe sami sesifo sikashukela samaqhawe aseZulu futhi ungaphonsa kimi imikhonto egazi. This morning it feels like somebody is using my head as a tambourine. I have a headache given to me by Beelzebub himself. A hypo,of Old Testament proportions at 2.00am this morning has kicked my proverbial harris. My rebound blood sugars are at 8.5mmols. I had a Libre sensor fail me and things just spiralled down from there. Have a great day to all of you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the end the idea of starting the month with the exercise counter stuck at zero was too unattractive, so I got my walking shoes on and hit the road despite my cold.

Just finished my 5km walk. Not the fastest time I have ever done but at least I am begining to make inroads towards November's target of surpassing the total distance walked in October of 206km.

I wish everyone a happy and above all else healthy month of November with a photo taken in the garden,

ae360d03e610d84e3b5d90f1d288fa58.jpg

the two palms that dominate the view are Washingtonia robusta fan Palms.

Pavlos

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Kulungile isizwe sami sesifo sikashukela samaqhawe aseZulu futhi ungaphonsa kimi imikhonto egazi. This morning it feels like somebody is using my head as a tambourine. I have the headache given to me by Beelzebub himself. A hypo,of Old testament proportions at 2.00am this morning has kicked my proverbial harris. My rebound blood sugars are At 8.5mmols. I had a Libre sensor fail me and things just spiraled down from there. Have a great day to all of you :)
Hope ye feel better soon mr d

Last edited:
Reactions: Diabeticliberty

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 today

Stress definitely goes for me, I found out yesterday afternoon that I may have to go down to Lancashire again in another month to deal with some final 'executor' admin. in person :( just when we thought it was all sorted.
I was awake half the night and Mr gee is fed up already at the thought of another spell in the traffic near Manchester, we're just not used to it any more. FB was 4.1 yesterday and then 4.9 today.

Never mind, it's mild here this morning and if it stays fine I may take MIL's wee dog for a nice long walk :happy:

@Ymdawd it's a pleasant mild morning up here in the Highlands, I hope your journey is a good one :)