Goodbye

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
But sometimes it is because some posters know info about the op from other posts that targeted advice can be offered and badly targeted advice picked up. The only way to avoid that is to insist that all new posters put thier meds, diet etc in thier signature, which I dont see on my phone. Its not that I disagree with your idea, just that it relies on the op, often a confused newbie (like me jus a few weeks ago) does not give out al the info needed.

It is even worce then this, as someone may have thought they were Type2 at the time of the post, but later discovered they are LADA, so someone reading the thread in a few years time, does not know it was posted by someone assumed to be Type2. (Google tends to find old threads.)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not quite sure what's going on to result in this rash of some of our most valued posters deciding to leave - but I don't like the feel of it and it's definitely putting me off bothering to visit any more, so I think I may well just fade away gracefully rather than publically announce my departure if this apparent unpleasantness continues.:banghead:

Robbity

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not quite sure what's going on to result in this rash of some of our most valued posters deciding to leave - but I don't like the feel of it and it's definitely putting me off bothering to visit any more, so I think I may well just fade away gracefully rather than publically announce my departure if this apparent unpleasantness continues.:banghead:

Robbity

Don't you dare. We need people like you. The forum would be a worse place without you. :arghh:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Robbity
I know how you feel. :(
I used to get so much pleasure from this forum.
Lately I'm dreading coming on incase someone has took offence at my honest and genuine posts.
I'm thinking of diluting my time spent on here too.
I'm wondering if due to dark nights depression for me. Gloomy dark winter is on us and last year I had an awful time. I'm going to just ride it, I have no choice.

If we are all gloomy together it hasnt helped.

Expectations of ourselves and diabetes may never measure up to what the reality is?
Many very very disappointed posters. We can see the goalpost but hiccup and hindrance constantly in our way. Its hard work.

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Robbity
Oh deary me, you start off concerned at those of us deciding to leave to take a rest, but then in the same breath announce you want to leave too. It seems contagious.
I announced my departure here because I had a perceived conflict with the way this site is moderated and controlled, which is not a new problem I suddenly found but which has grown over the last year. I have now managed to find a new way of looking at this conflict, and have come to terms with it (as I posted recently). Consequently I am back again, but due to family comittments, I will have reduced face time here.

It is understood that every person involved in this forum has a personal agenda that will inevitably colour our understandings and interpretations of posts, and we all have different POV that will sometimes be in conflict. It is how we resolve these issues that is what we all should be considering, both at the personal level, and at the organisational level. I hope that my recent outburst, and that of others of similar leaning, will trigger this discussion openly, instead of letting things build up to breaking point. There will always be trolls, but I do not think this recent spat was due to that at all.

I do not want you to leave or stop joining in the discussions, You too are a valued member, and we should be able to find a suitable sticking plaster to make things better. My mother used to kiss things better, but that is open to misinterpretation on a forum. So giving a hug instead.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No I definitely value the forum too much to choose to go, but if all this disruption and discontent continues to cause valued members to leave, it's fast going to lose its current worth I'm afraid, but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that...

Robbity

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
It 'feels' like its calmed down a bit over the last few days - unless I'm missing something (which wouldn't surprise me) but everyone seems a lot more .... supportive and thoughtful.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It 'feels' like its calmed down a bit over the last few days - unless I'm missing something (which wouldn't surprise me) but everyone seems a lot more .... supportive and thoughtful.

I agree. I am also trying my best to be less crabby. o_O

D

Diabeticliberty

Met a labradoodle in the park a while back.
I would NEVER have guessed. The size of an Irish Wolfhound. Built like a Borzoi. Whiskered like a black Yeti.

I have just realised - this is @Oldvatr 's farewell thread. Do you think we should stop derailing it with dog stuff? Genuine question, because he may still want to keep it on track?

As much as I do not wish to get on the wrong side of 'Da Management' I just cannot resist posting piccy's of my little blonde terrorist. Now 6 months old and a veritable living dynamo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Ness, my sincere apologies for making an incorrect breed identification due to a superficial resemblance. I shall now have to shamefacedly leave the forum with my tail tucked firmly bteween my legs... GOODBYE!!!

Robbity
Proud owner over the years of a well known breed (Cavalier King Charles spaniels) whose name is regularly garbled...I used to collect all the variants I'd come across! :D
@Robbity , you shouldn't leave because of this. I think we can all agree that as Ness has been a long-time user of the forum he (she?) should have known to put information about his breed under his profile picture to prevent mistakes.
And on-topic: I'm very glad you'll stay, @Oldvatr , and my best wishes for you and Mrs. Oldvatr!

Reactions: Oldvatr

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robbity, this forum needs your strength and level headedness. It would be horrible to see you go.
I recently had some issues and posted a thread titled’ I think it’s time for me to go’ and I was called an attention seeker so I think just coming and going as you choose from day to day that makes you comfortable would be the best.

I have been very put off and not posting other than the avocado silly thread. I was planning and thinking I would be coming back but I’m just going to let things play out naturally. I’ll do what I want when I want. I may start posting, I may lurk or I might leave all together.

That being said. Don’t go. Itll just give me more of a reason to go haha.

I like, even though a thread derailment, all the lovely dogs and the lightness of the posts.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
administrator Please can we unhook this major derailment from here and give it its own thread somewhere else, I tried to start some serious discussion relating to Diabetes and this Forum, but I failed BIG TIME.

I am very surprised that established members here have decided to perpetuate and feed such an infringement. If it does not stop then I will be out of here. Unless of course. there is a secret agenda to hijack and destroy this thread, in which case my original point in the OP has been well and truly buried in dog poo, and I will wash my hands of it. These boots were made for walking......

Edited to remove tag to administrator

Last edited:
Reactions: donnellysdogs

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oldvatr - Your comment is noted, but it really would be helpful where you have issues with posts if you would report them. Nobody is here full time, and on threads that can be faster moving Mods will not necessarily catch everything.

As Mods, we really appreciate your assistance with this; whether on your own thread, or those started by others.

Just for clarity, this post applies to everyone.
There was nothing wrong with any of the posts, except that they were in the wrong place.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I apologise for my part in it. You need to tag @DCUKMod not the administrator though.

Me too... apologies.. don't go..

Caught your eye back again to tell us off!! Thats what we need:):)!!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
administrator Please can we unhook this major derailment from here and give it its own thread somewhere else, I tried to start some serious discussion relating to Diabetes and this Forum, but I failed BIG TIME.

I am very surprised that established members here have decided to perpetuate and feed such an infringement. If it does not stop then I will be out of here. Unless of course. there is a secret agenda to hijack and destroy this thread, in which case my original point in the OP has been well and truly buried in dog poo, and I will wash my hands of it. These boots were made for walking......

Edited to remove tag to administrator
I'm sorry, my bad. Keep in mind that it only started deteriorating after we were all very relieved you chose to stay, albeit less intensive. Relief makes people giddy all the time, so a little push in the form of a mentioned dog was enough to make us create a zoo. It was fun, but you're right, it had no place really in your thread. I'm off now to sniff out the dog-thread! (no offence )