We love our four-legged friends

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That little dog is Ness, my Boston Terrier, and along with Mr. Blue is the love of my life.
Definitely very cute, but I'd guessed wrong - I'd thought your Ness was a little French Bulldog ...ooops:
8a8721665f34897971fddb58ba91eabb.jpg

Robbity

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Definitely very cute, but I'd guessed wrong - I'd thought your Ness was a little French Bulldog ...ooops:
8a8721665f34897971fddb58ba91eabb.jpg

Robbity

Yes, so did I :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Robbity @Chook

So many people make that mistake. Ness has a coat with the words "I am not a French Bulldog" emblazoned on it" to stop people asking!

They are nothing like usually. Frenchies are fatter, bulkier, and much more like small bulldogs. Bostons are dainty and slim. Ness isn't much bigger than a cat. Some Bostons have the sticky-up ears but Ness has ears that flop over at the top. If you see photos of Bostons on the internet they are often American types, bigger than Ness.

30i7zfa.jpg

Sorry everyone ..... serious de-railment here.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Ness, my sincere apologies for making an incorrect breed identification due to a superficial resemblance. I shall now have to shamefacedly leave the forum with my tail tucked firmly bteween my legs... GOODBYE!!!

Robbity
Proud owner over the years of a well known breed (Cavalier King Charles spaniels) whose name is regularly garbled...I used to collect all the variants I'd come across! :D

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
LOL - no one ever makes mistakes over my oldest and youngest (both Labradors) but my middle one always causes confusion. In age order... Millie, Archie and Jack

dogs.jpg

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Now I am going to have to say Goodbye because he looks a bit like a lurcher to me. (Hides under chair)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nope.... :). He's a Labradoodle. Mum was a chocolate Lab and Dad was a white Standard Poodle. He's the friendliest dog I've ever had the pleasure of being owned by.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Met a labradoodle in the park a while back.
I would NEVER have guessed. The size of an Irish Wolfhound. Built like a Borzoi. Whiskered like a black Yeti.

I have just realised - this is @Oldvatr 's farewell thread. Do you think we should stop derailing it with dog stuff? Genuine question, because he may still want to keep it on track?

Reactions: Oldvatr and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
As much as I do not wish to get on the wrong side of 'Da Management' I just cannot resist posting piccy's of my little blonde terrorist. Now 6 months old and a veritable living dynamo

Awww my yellow Lab is coming up 9 - time has flown by since we got her age 5 months but she has never given us a moment's trouble (unlike our black Lab who is constantly in to mischief).

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope.... :). He's a Labradoodle. Mum was a chocolate Lab and Dad was a white Standard Poodle. He's the friendliest dog I've ever had the pleasure of being owned by.

My last de-railing comment
Daughter has a goldendoodle - golden retriever/standard poodle cross. He has the best attributes of both and none of the worst.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ok here's Boris our minature labradoodle... pretending to be a house-elf last christmas
View attachment 24380

Aww cute house-elf! I've never seen a miniature dude before. Mine won't wear hats, or deelyboppers or reindeer antlers. :( I did once get Millie in to a pink tutu but Mr Chook took her out for a walk in it and she lost it diving in to a canal.

Archie is sweet, friendly, loving and INCREDIBLY dim. You'd never guess he was half Lab from his behaviour.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey guys, I'm a cat person, so please can we get back to the OP

Reactions: zand