We love our four-legged friends

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry Ive just got to put in my two penny worth.We have a goldenlabradoodle in the family.Sheis totally bonkers at times but a lovely nature.She greets us like her very best friend each time we see her,just a lovely dog for children(and grannies!)Apologies for the derailment,I'm a cat person too!Oldvatr!
Its Ok I used to have a pollywollydoodle when I was a kid, but its beak fell off. And it used to keep me company All Day long. So sad....

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey, Anyone got a low carb recipe for Labradoodle Pie? Or I will set Our Boris (the Spider) on the lot of you. (Creepie Crawly, Creepie Crawly)

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Twelve? Blimey. We had 7 at one time. I've had cats too, and a pet goat

It's mad. Most of them are whippets and (apart from one) are all closely related to each other, great grand dad is our oldest. We race them and they stay with us once they've retired from racing.

Wow a pet goat?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
9df732b0d5806cf6218faf5a25cb1e21.jpg

8b2c83824ce9fd207e4e889001a5955d.jpg

Further derailment...

Whats the difference between a labradoodle and newfypoo!!?

About £400!!

Get a but miffed when everybody think my dog is a big labradoodle..

To those mentioning about leaving.. please don't. Take a break for a while if needed..

D

Diabeticliberty

Further derailment...

About £400!!

To those mentioning about leaving.. please don't. Take a break for a while if needed..

Absolutely stunning dog. Can I have him please?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@donnellysdogs , I think I need a newfiepoo! Would fit perfectly with my two chiwawhatevers, one partdenco, two dog-loving cats and of course my fourteen guinea-pigs. The two handicapped pigeons, rabbits and chicken wouldn't mind either I think. And I think Oldvatr has to learn to live with the fact his thread turned into a dog-thread. At least we are all friendly to eachother!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL - no one ever makes mistakes over my oldest and youngest (both Labradors) but my middle one always causes confusion. In age order... Millie, Archie and Jack

View attachment 24378

Gorgeous dogs. I’d love to have a dog but live in a very small flat and am out at work all day, so will have to wait until one or both of those changes. However, our CEO is blind and has a guide dog, which we’re allowed to play with - quite often he (the CEO) will go to internal meetings and leave the dog in his office. Cue me going in to play!

Not very good pic of him below
791D8DD8-90B3-4E44-9386-4406930BCB00.jpeg

Last edited:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Absolutely stunning dog. Can I have him please?

Daisy is 9 months old now and weighing 75lb. Fully grown will probably be about 100lb..

Proctor & Gamble were interested in her as a similar dog to the one in flash advert... but she is my therapy dog in my mind. She wakes now at 2.55 and jumps on bed to make sure I do my 1st injections... I am (trying!) to train her as a hypo/hyper alert dog too. (Licks my face though-doesnt get my blood kit)...

If I am well enough in 18 months time and health not deteriorated further I would like her to have a litter of pups as she is so very, very special (to me and hubby!!).

My diabetic consultant did mention to me how they actually recomend a dog for health and wellbeing now. Every letter to my GP from consultants mentions Daisy as well!!

Sorry for derailing (I used to do this a lot!!-lol).... but I am also concerned of good genuine folk saying good-bye and this is upsetting. Its bad enough when folk get banned but folk shouldnt be made to feel upset or bad from a forum of some wonderful people. I have had good n bad vibes from forum people sometimes but please take a break and come back if needed.. please dont permanently walk away...

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

Further derailment...

About £400!!

Wow - she's gorgeous!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our cat died, suddenly aged 10, 18 months ago.
He was magnificent in all senses of the word.

We are now catless... er... we are no longer owned. We miss our servitude, the nightly rituals of requesting permission to occupy furniture, the humble offering of food, the reward of his attention... everything, really.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Our cat died, suddenly aged 10, 18 months ago.
He was magnificent in all senses of the word.

We are now catless... er... we are no longer owned. We miss our servitude, the nightly rituals of requesting permission to occupy furniture, the humble offering of food, the reward of his attention... everything, really.

They do have a way of taking over your life and leave massive empty bits when they go. I still very much miss all the dogs and cats I've shared my life and home with.

Last edited: