results are normal after intermittent and 5.2 fasting

James2

hi

i wanted to just say a very big thank you , the people on this forum you are amazing , you have been so informative and kind to me
when diagnosed i was very scared my surgery were a waste of space ,moved surgery the diabetic doctor was just as
useless as the other one they just wanted to give me medication and that was that, i felt like i had been thrown on the scrap heap with the prospect of complications.the diabetic nurses in both practices were anti low carb
i found one doctor who was kind and he is the only one i see , i found the X-pert program informative, but it is from this forum that i found the more in depth knowledge
i have type 2 diagnosed july 2016
i tried other diets with mixed results have been on this diet and low carbs for about 7 weeks whilst weight loss is slow.
my results have been good
2016 HbA1c 97 next 89 6 months ago 47 today 41 ( normal)
cholesterol now all normal
2016 fasting was 11 today 5.4( normal)
BP was 220/120 today after 24 hour monitor average 139/88
i am on meds for BP and diabetes
i will be seeing my GP on nove 14th
my job is very sedatery i have a lot of weight to shift but i have gone from a couch potato , to two 1.5 mile walk's a day with some longer walks thrown in
i wanted to give something back to the forum , it can be tough we all have up and down days and i have further to go with my targets but when you are newly diagnosed and hear all the horror story's , things can change
best wishes
James 2

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My own thought is that low carb will first correct your metabolism, which diabetes has put out of balance, and it will be a few more weeks at least before real changes start to happen.
Try thinking of it as a plant which has been saved from being over watered, but needs to establish new roots and put out more leaves before it can really flourish again.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Wow!! Thats excellent! Well done :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

James2

Brilliant work sir well done.
Dear bulkbiker,
Thank you i do follow you and your journey , this is a special day for me i appreciate that
this knowledge may take time to cascade to health professionals and i know from the forum that some are on message and also it is about finding what works for you.
but i have had two so called diabetic doctors who are the clinical lead and two diabetic nurses who are anti low carb and anti fasting let us hope at some point they get on the program , that is why i stick with the doctor is more open
best wishes
James2

James2

My own thought is that low carb will first correct your metabolism, which diabetes has put out of balance, and it will be a few more weeks at least before real changes start to happen.
Try thinking of it as a plant which has been saved from being over watered, but needs to establish new roots and put out more leaves before it can really flourish again.

hi Resurgam,

yes i think you are right
best wishes
James2

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh - I didn't mean to ignore your progress so far - which is great, but it is what I got from low carbing - great is the new normal.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fantastic work, well done!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, and congratulations. :) Brilliant results all round. Keep it up!

James2

dear all
i hope i have got back to everyone , i dont post much but the threads have been so informative and helpful .
if nothing else please don't be afraid to change nurses /doctors or medical practices you are worth the best you can find
best wishes
James2

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Well done James. You are yet another who has carbs intolerance, so to alleviate took the outrageous and dangerous decision to reduce carbs. I hope many others read your common sense post, congratulations.