Diabetes without drugs, is this possible?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I plan to consult a doctor about medications I take three times a day
I plan to cancel the morning quota and replace it with sport

And evening diet and Lunch is the same
Am I an adventurer?

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Typically to get your healthcare provider to agree and support your request, you would have to show that your daily glucose levels have improved significantly and your HbA1c should reflect that.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Metformin is not something which makes a big difference, so as long as you are controlling your blood glucose to sensible levels and don't mind if your doctor objects - as might well be the case.
I stopped taking the tablets completely and felt a lot better, but I had very nasty side effects.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @kokhongw. It is something that should be coordinated with your doctor and it is good that you are seeing him (or her) about this.

If, for example, you are cutting carbohydrates (and I know that you have been working on this) then I suggest you ask your doctor if you could be reducing drugs at the same time. If you have been making good progress in reducing your HbA1c recently, then your doctor may agree that it is a good idea to try reducing drugs.

It is great that you are doing sport but "replacing" diabetes drugs with sport is not necessarily a valid approach (diet is the main factor). Edited to add: In the studies I have seen, exercise does help lower blood glucose levels but much less than diet.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I will do this by consulting my doctor with ongoing monitoring

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Typically to get your healthcare provider to agree and support your request, you would have to show that your daily glucose levels have improved significantly and your HbA1c should reflect that.
My levels BG
5637fd072ce371f7320d3daaea084096.jpg

With testing meals
5bb8dded5cd2befcda98a750b99322db.jpg

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@hichamgsm: Just one more thing. I don't always like to quote from other threads, but on September 29 you posted that your HbA1c was 12.8% (116). That is a high level, so if I were in your place I would be a bit careful about reducing the drugs at this point, not much more than a month after that test result.

Of course that is for your doctor to advise you about, but I just wanted to say that you should not be too disappointed if the doctor asks you to stay on the drugs until a substantial drop is achieved through diet and exercise.

You are trying so hard, and there are quite a lot of examples in this forum of people who started with a high A1c like you and successfully brought the issue under control while also reducing drugs, but it probably took a bit longer than a month for most of them. I wish you the best.

And, yes, you are right that it is an "adventure" in your words! Just try not to make it too exciting, if you know what I mean!

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
@hichamgsm: Just one more thing. I don't always like to quote from other threads, but on September 29 you posted that your HbA1c was 12.8% (116). That is a high level, so if I were in your place I would be a bit careful about reducing the drugs at this point, not much more than a month after that test result.

Of course that is for your doctor to advise you about, but I just wanted to say that you should not be too disappointed if the doctor asks you to stay on the drugs until a substantial drop is achieved through diet and exercise.

You are trying so hard, and there are quite a lot of examples in this forum of people who started with a high A1c like you and successfully brought the issue under control while also reducing drugs, but it probably took a bit longer than a month for most of them. I wish you the best.

And, yes, you are right that it is an "adventure" in your words! Just try not to make it too exciting, if you know what I mean!
Yes my friend I understand you

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Again, really, mabrouk* for the progress you are making:)!

Hotpepper20000

I look at medication like a crutch. For some they have injury so bad that even if they heal to a point they still need a crutch.
Others with time heal enough to stop using the crutch. But if you rush too fast to walk you will do more damage.
Medication is a tool. For some it's to survive and others it's to help heal.
Take your time. You are doing well.