Why I don't feel fatigue any more?

Jibran_Khan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
On September 2016 I was diagnosed as type 1 diabetic.When my sugar level was high I would feel fatigue and I couldn't do anything.
But after 8 months of diagnoses i started to feel active even when I was high on sugar level.
My question is does anyone feel something like that?

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
On September 2016 I was diagnosed as type 1 diabetic.When my sugar level was high I would feel fatigue and I couldn't do anything.
But after 8 months of diagnoses i started to feel active even when I was high on sugar level.
My question is does anyone feel something like that?

For me personally the low energy levels generally come when my sugars are high for a prolonged period rather than as soon as they become high, maybe it's the same for you?

Jibran_Khan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
For me personally the low energy levels generally come when my sugars are high for a prolonged period rather than as soon as they become high, maybe it's the same for you?
I am talking about prolong period.
Example when I drink a lot of sugary beverages in the morning I test my sugar level it counts nearly 400 and at evening I get nearly 250 but I feel very active throughout the day.

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
I am talking about prolong period.
Example when I drink a lot of sugary beverages in the morning I test my sugar level it counts nearly 400 and at evening I get nearly 250 but I feel very active throughout the day.
I see!

I can't say I've been high for a long time since diagnosis, so I could tell you if I'm the same in that way but, I can't see it being a bad thing, remaining active will help with reducing your BG levels.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It's pretty unusual to be active when running high @Jibran_Khan Unless your body has become conditioned to running at higher levels, are you making any efforts to bring those numbers back into range such as correction doses ?

Jibran_Khan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I see!

I can't say I've been high for a long time since diagnosis, so I could tell you if I'm the same in that way but, I can't see it being a bad thing, remaining active will help with reducing your BG levels.
Well problem is when I was diagnosed i didn't need to take BG test as I could figure out when I was high on BG level as I would feel fatigue.
But now I couldn't understand when I am high on BG level.
I need to take BG test frequently and I couldn't afford that as testing strips are expensive here.

Jibran_Khan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's pretty unusual to be active when running high @Jibran_Khan Unless your body has become conditioned to running at higher levels, are you making any efforts to bring those numbers back into range such as correction doses ?
No! I would take only 11 unit of insulin shot before meal.
I don't take more than that even if I took sugary beverages or any other sugary substance.

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
Well problem is when I was diagnosed i didn't need to take BG test as I could figure out when I was high on BG level as I would feel fatigue.
But now I couldn't understand when I am high on BG level.
I need to take BG test frequently and I couldn't afford that as testing strips are expensive here.

If that's the case I would agree with @Juicyj that your body has become used to these higher levels explaining why you are no longer getting those symptoms.

I'd say try to get your BG levels to a more normal level as much as possible and after a bit of time your body will again begin to show symptoms when you are running high

Jibran_Khan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If that's the case I would agree with @Juicyj that your body has become used to these higher levels explaining why you are no longer getting those symptoms.

I'd say try to get your BG levels to a more normal level as much as possible and after a bit of time your body will again begin to show symptoms when you are running high
Is it possible that body becomes used to high level BG and that causes no longer getting symptoms??
Have you seen this case with anyone else?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @Jibran_Khan I would avoid sugary drinks completely and focus on getting those levels in range, running consistently high will be damaging your body, have you received any education in regards to your type 1 management ? A good book to get is 'Think like a pancreas'.

Jibran_Khan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Jibran_Khan I would avoid sugary drinks completely and focus on getting those levels in range, running consistently high will be damaging your body, have you received any education in regards to your type 1 management ? A good book to get is 'Think like a pancreas'.
I usually control my sugar level.
But you know there are somedays when you just give up and consume all sugary beverages.
I don't always do this.

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
Is it possible that body becomes used to high level BG and that causes no longer getting symptoms??
Have you seen this case with anyone else?

If you're running high BG levels for a long time, or regularly, yes, your body can adjust and feel that this is "normal", but possibly damaging your body at the same time, later causing "diabetic complications" I

if that's the case when you start coming down to a "normal" range your body may think your BG levels are too low due to being high for so long. being accustomed to these higher levels and may possibly give you symptoms of a Hypo (shaking, feeling weak) I had this when I brought my BG levels down after I was diagnosed with T1 before your body realises that these levels are in-fact normal and the higher levels are not.

Jibran_Khan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you're running high BG levels for a long time, or regularly, yes, your body can adjust and feel that this is "normal", but possibly damaging your body at the same time, later causing "diabetic complications" I

if that's the case when you start coming down to a "normal" range your body may think your BG levels are too low due to being high for so long. being accustomed to these higher levels and may possibly give you symptoms of a Hypo (shaking, feeling weak) I had this when I brought my BG levels down after I was diagnosed with T1 before your body realises that these levels are in-fact normal and the higher levels are not.
Oh I got your point.
Thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: Deanoh

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good point from @Deanoh there in regards to running consistently high and getting false hypos, that's why it's so important to avoid the sugary drinks and take more care of your type 1, yes we all get fed up with the needy nature of this, but ultimately you only have one body and taking good care of it is so important. I tend to snack on fatty foods such as cheese, this is my go to indulgence when I feel fed up as the impact on my bg levels is minimal. Look on Amazon for 'think like a pancreas' it really is useful to understand the impact of t1 on our bodies and become an expert.

Talk to others if you feel fed up, helps to let it out :)

leahkian

Jibran taking your eye off diabetes is not the thing to do and running high is not good. I was classed as a brittle diabetic so it was hard to control from when i got it at 3 years old. I am going to tell you about whats happened to me, at 18 i need laser treatment on both eyes but this did not work and i had 5 ops on my eyes. This took me to the age of 21 and not long after my birthday i was told that by the time i was 30 that i would need a new kidney, during this times i had 5 ops on my hands and elbow as they thought i had carpel tunnel. At 30 my renal function stayed the same for 6 years but then dropped so i was put on a pancreas and kidney transplant list and the 6 months before mt transplant was spent in bed. I got my transplant in 2015 and all seemed fine but it was not as i spent the next 6 months in and out of hospital and as my sugar levels returned to a normal level the damage that the diabetes had done over the years came to light. I am in constant pain due to nerve damage all over my body it has also effected my bladder and bowel, i now have to use a catheter up to 4 times a day. I have been under the mental health team on and off for the last 23 years. My hands and feet go numb so i have to be careful around water as it takes a minute for my feet and hands to adjust. a long with this there have been time of been in hospital due to my diabetes and too many hypos to count. I am not telling you this to scare you as i was told did the best i could. I am now 41 years old dad and single parent of two children who are my only reason to keep fighting on. I do not want anyone to go through what i have gone through and what my children have seen happen to there dad.

lmc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sorry, I meant to click on agree but hit wrong icon

Reactions: Deanoh

Jibran_Khan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Jibran taking your eye off diabetes is not the thing to do and running high is not good. I was classed as a brittle diabetic so it was hard to control from when i got it at 3 years old. I am going to tell you about whats happened to me, at 18 i need laser treatment on both eyes but this did not work and i had 5 ops on my eyes. This took me to the age of 21 and not long after my birthday i was told that by the time i was 30 that i would need a new kidney, during this times i had 5 ops on my hands and elbow as they thought i had carpel tunnel. At 30 my renal function stayed the same for 6 years but then dropped so i was put on a pancreas and kidney transplant list and the 6 months before mt transplant was spent in bed. I got my transplant in 2015 and all seemed fine but it was not as i spent the next 6 months in and out of hospital and as my sugar levels returned to a normal level the damage that the diabetes had done over the years came to light. I am in constant pain due to nerve damage all over my body it has also effected my bladder and bowel, i now have to use a catheter up to 4 times a day. I have been under the mental health team on and off for the last 23 years. My hands and feet go numb so i have to be careful around water as it takes a minute for my feet and hands to adjust. a long with this there have been time of been in hospital due to my diabetes and too many hypos to count. I am not telling you this to scare you as i was told did the best i could. I am now 41 years old dad and single parent of two children who are my only reason to keep fighting on. I do not want anyone to go through what i have gone through and what my children have seen happen to there dad.
Leahkian thanks for your advice.
Now I am trying my best to control my BG level.

leahkian

Leahkian thanks for your advice.
Now I am trying my best to control my BG level.
I did not want to scare you as diabetes does that all by its self, i just wanted you to know what happens if you do not have any luck with diabetes. Keep going and remember a day at a time