What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
My brother and I also walked to school and even further to the church hall for our dinner,and where I live now and has a child we walked past lots of farms growing vegetables and all our mothers used to help in the fields at picking time. The farmer used to give us all a lift on the-trailer on back of the tractor after school so we joined our mothers in the field and helped out. Oh wonderful days. K
Hi @Ymdawd
BG this morning 5.8
We really had some lovely times doing simple things when we where young it was so nice to have those memories back Thank you. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you
Just hope I can keep this mind set for the rest of my days no doubt I’ll have bad days and it’s tried getting me down a couple of times in such a short time I’ve had diabetes but Like you say I’m the boss
@Sobo82 this morning my BG was 5.8

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Ymdawd
BG this morning 5.8
We really had some lovely times doing simple things when we where young it was so nice to have those memories back Thank you. K

Some of those times are among many of my happiest memories. That is what my father said to me just before he passed away - “ in the final analysis that is all you have left ie your memories “. Wise old devil my Dad.

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Sobo82 this morning my BG was 5.8

3c4fe69f5f5313ec6e3d788a48dc3355.jpg

I try and keep with in these guidelines

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Some of those times are among many of my happiest memories. That is what my father said to me just before he passed away - “ in the final analysis that is all you have left ie your memories “. Wise old devil my Dad.
Hi Ymdawd your so right when I think of the things my dad used to say it's only now when you have experienced some of the things life throws at you you truly understand where they where coming from, in comparison to our lives they both had a hard life. K

D

Diabeticliberty

That sounds fun mr d make sure you wrap up warm hope you hit all your targets

Oh oh Lady K, I got myself into world of trouble. I haven't been to this particular shooting ground in 3-1/2 years. We had breakfast there and they lent me a Perazzi shotgun which was the same gun that always used to compete with. We shot 2 full rounds of English sporting and 2 full rounds of skeet. My doggie was completely unphased by events and just sat watching me. Jumping up occasionally to lick my face to let me know she spproved. Now for the real trouble. I shot well, too well, in fact. My friend took my wallet off me to stop me from indulging in an act of reckless stupidity and shelling out (pardon the pun) a load of daft money for a way too expensive shotgun but Lord oh Lord did it ever shoot well for me. I am really tempted to drive over there tomorrow and buy it

D

Diabeticliberty

Keep at it Karen your well on the way to those low BG readings, why do doctors not give type1 diabetics the support they need!
I'll answer my own question because has their are so many it would cost them too much I would think?K
My BG was 5.8 at 5.30
6.1 at 8.30 ???? Liver dump! K

Kathleen my luvverley, a lot more type 2's don't get the support they need either. They are sent out of the doctors surgery. Told not to test and to stop being a bother to everybody. I think that it adds up to a ticking time bomb of potential diabetic complications in years to come. Diabetic complications are as much a risk for all of us type 1 and type 2. It's not right and it needs putting right. If more type 2's challenged their doctors very short sighted decisions and misinterpretation of NICE Guidelines then I feel that they might get the testing equipment that they need to properly manage their condition

D

Diabeticliberty

My brother and I also walked to school and even further to the church hall for our dinner,and where I live now and has a child we walked past lots of farms growing vegetables and all our mothers used to help in the fields at picking time. The farmer used to give us all a lift on the-trailer on back of the tractor after school so we joined our mothers in the field and helped out. Oh wonderful days. K

Once when I was 7 years old I went out to school. When I came home my mam and dad had moved house and not told me.

Reactions: Goacher55

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Kathleen my luvverley, a lot more type 2's don't get the support they need either. They are sent out of the doctors surgery. Told not to test and to stop being a bother to everybody. I think that it adds up to a ticking time bomb of potential diabetic complications in years to come. Diabetic complications are as much a risk for all of us type 1 and type 2. It's not right and it needs putting right. If more type 2's challenged their doctors very short sighted decisions and misinterpretation of NICE Guidelines then I feel that they might get the testing equipment that they need to properly manage their condition
Your exactly right but they are supposed to be the knowledgeable ones like Karen said would it be different if the shoe was on their foot,make me so sick , my hubby was diagnosed type2 this year no advice no testing kit and he wouldn't ask for one he's like that. He uses mine occasionally! K

D

Diabeticliberty

What you like, have you enjoyed your clay pidgeon shooting?K

Yes it was great to catch up with old and very good friend. I only realised when we met just how much I missed them. I almost went completely off the rails and spent a stupid amount of money on a shotgun. My friend pickpocketed my wallet and refused to hand it back until I cooled off a little. Everybody at the ground lipped my little doggie. She was not afraid of all the guns going off.

D

Diabeticliberty

Your exactly right but they are supposed to be the knowledgeable ones like Karen said would it be different if the shoe was on their foot,make me so sick , my hubby was diagnosed type2 this year no advice no testing kit and he wouldn't ask for one he's like that. He uses mine occasionally! K

I know that you are completely clued up on the drill and know exactly what you are doing but please keep him testing. Knowledge is power and the ignorance that some of the doctors now throw at some of us is stupidity bordering on bloody criminality in my opinion.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh oh Lady K, I got myself into world of trouble. I haven't been to this particular shooting ground in 3-1/2 years. We had breakfast there and they lent me a Perazzi shotgun which was the same gun that always used to compete with. We shot 2 full rounds of English sporting and 2 full rounds of skeet. My doggie was completely unphased by events and just sat watching me. Jumping up occasionally to lick my face to let me know she spproved. Now for the real trouble. I shot well, too well, in fact. My friend took my wallet off me to stop me from indulging in an act of reckless stupidity and shelling out (pardon the pun) a load of daft money for a way too expensive shotgun but Lord oh Lord did it ever shoot well for me. I am really tempted to drive over there tomorrow and buy it

Hi Diabeticliberty my advice sleep on it first before you do something rash,has you said it's been a long time since you last did any shooting. Would you go more often if you bought this marvellous but expensive gun, or would it join the other things we buy on a whim. Think first! Take care K.

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I know that you are completely clued up on the drill and know exactly what you are doing but please keep him testing. Knowledge is power and the ignorance that some of the doctors now throw at some of us is stupidity bordering on bloody criminality in my opinion.

Hi Diabeticliberty my hubby is one of those bury your head in the sand and hope it will go away people, never listens to me until the inevitable happens. Its like banging your head against a brick wall, he is just like his father, has his mother once told me you need to plant a seed and watch it grow. Don't know if I'm that patient,hopefully he will realise before something to awful happens. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Diabeticliberty my advice sleep on it first before you do something rash,has you said it's been a long time since you last did any shooting. Would you go more often if you bought this marvellous but expensive gun, or would it join the other things we buy on a whim. Think first! Take care K.

Ps my wardrobes are over flowing with whimsical things so I know what you mean, but I need none of them!!K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I dont challenge my doctors or DN’s decisions. I make my own and then tell them to keep them in the picture so to speak. They only provide me with the required prescriptions. Believe that us diabetics get a pretty poor service from surgeries. I say that as a diabetic and as a pharmacist.