What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Don't be soft quicken your speed it will warm you up,I was out early this morning with my two dogs it was chilly but I walked a little faster and was fine.What do the young one say, your mesh! I'm not sure I've got it right but something along those lines. Ha ha!! K

My mother was such a down to earth type. If we as children complained about the cold a frequent rejoinder from her was “ walk or run faster or jump up and down on the spot for 5 minutes”. Do believe that would be called child abuse nowadays LOL. Never did us any harm

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Actually I expected my HbA1c to be in the forties because I had been eating very sinful for a very long period like 4 month and it must be my added muscles that does the main work here ... so not really hard work : I have been eating more than 200 grams in average Daily and the bad thing is I have also gained 12 kg in the same period so I need to change again back to a diet where I dont gain so less fruit and sugar and also less fat

Hi Freema
Good on you and good luck with getting back to your usual diet,you seem a little more positive hope so. We all lose the plot from time to time,I'm no different,can guarantee when I get back from a holiday it takes me 3 to4 months at times to get my diet head back on. That's why it's taken me so long to return to lower BG readings since last holiday in May this year. Take care .K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My mother was such a down to earth type. If we as children complained about the cold a frequent rejoinder from her was “ walk or run faster or jump up and down on the spot for 5 minutes”. Do believe that would be called child abuse nowadays LOL. Never did us any harm

Hi Ymdawd
Totally agree with your mothers philosophy,you can warm up by moving quickly,working faster I always preferred to work in a cool environment because I could warm myself up but couldn't cool off enough to be comfortable if a room was too warm before starting work. We are a nation of softies we never had central heating it was a coal fire that needed making every morning,and most of my pre teenage years We has a loo at the bottom of a long yard. Can you imagine kids today putting up with any of that? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You are of course absolutely correct, well nearly correct. I am NESH not mesh. We have just got back from our evening jaunt and today's combined running and walking effort amounts to just over 13 miles. The hound is only a bambino and still ramping herself up for a life of gundog stuff. I on the other hand am a tired old buzzard and just wanna doss in my smoking jacket drinking whisky. She is joining me tomorrow clay pigeon shooting with a good friend. Let's see what the little blonde terrorist makes of this little venture.

Hi Diabeticliberty
Enjoy your day

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Ymdawd
Totally agree with your mothers philosophy,you can warm up by moving quickly,working faster I always preferred to work in a cool environment because I could warm myself up but couldn't cool off enough to be comfortable if a room was too warm before starting work. We are a nation of softies we never had central heating it was a coal fire that needed making every morning,and most of my pre teenage years We has a loo at the bottom of a long yard. Can you imagine kids today putting up with any of that? K

We ARE a nation of softies. I and my two big sisters walked several miles to school in all weathers winter and summer in the fifties and early sixties. We were sort of self-sufficient in food too as we knew the location of every bramble bush on the way to and from home. Fresh raw turnip was often on the menu in the autumn. Plenty of roughage there LOL The farmers orchard and strawberry patch served us well too. Ah thanks for the memories

Reactions: Granny_grump_

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen you really have got the hang of your new meter great! K
Thanks k. Just ordered a new sensor as doubt il get one off dr just yet ive noticed that when i eat about 2 hours later i spike really high but im bk in range by next meal but im made up with meter ive also noticed that i drop quite low during the night so il have a little tweak of my night time insulin have a great weekend

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hyvää huomenta teille kaikille herkullisimmille diabeettisille kurpikoille. As it's the weekend I have already started drinking heavily. In a 4.00am drunken stupor it seemed a perfectly reasonable idea to have a go at a do it yourself tattoo on the middle of my forehead using a fountain pen and an old syringe. I had tried to draw a snake with a dagger but unfortunately I am not the most wonderful artist in the world. I just ended up with a blue black splodge that looks like 3.4 if you screw up your eyes. My blood sugar share 3.4mmols. I am now on my to the walk in centre for a tetanus injection. Have a great day folks whatever you are doing. I am walking my dog and the looking up a very old friend and we are going clay pigeon shooting. Should be a very good day I hope :)
That sounds fun mr d make sure you wrap up warm hope you hit all your targets

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We ARE a nation of softies. I and my two big sisters walked several miles to school in all weathers winter and summer in the fifties and early sixties. We were sort of self-sufficient in food too as we knew the location of every bramble bush on the way to and from home. Fresh raw turnip was often on the menu in the autumn. Plenty of roughage there LOL The farmers orchard and strawberry patch served us well too. Ah thanks for the memories
My brother and I also walked to school and even further to the church hall for our dinner,and where I live now and has a child we walked past lots of farms growing vegetables and all our mothers used to help in the fields at picking time. The farmer used to give us all a lift on the-trailer on back of the tractor after school so we joined our mothers in the field and helped out. Oh wonderful days. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks k. Just ordered a new sensor as doubt il get one off dr just yet ive noticed that when i eat about 2 hours later i spike really high but im bk in range by next meal but im made up with meter ive also noticed that i drop quite low during the night so il have a little tweak of my night time insulin have a great weekend
Keep at it Karen your well on the way to those low BG readings, why do doctors not give type1 diabetics the support they need!
I'll answer my own question because has their are so many it would cost them too much I would think?K
My BG was 5.8 at 5.30
6.1 at 8.30 ???? Liver dump! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keep at it Karen your well on the way to those low BG readings, why do doctors not give type1 diabetics the support they need!
I'll answer my own question because has their are so many it would cost them too much I would think?K
Couldnt agree more k. be a diffrent story if they had it themselves

Reactions: Granny_grump_