What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Bubbsie these are our bungles of trouble the one on his back tongue sticking out is 9 yer old Louie with 10 year old Elle by his side and of course ted minus an eye or two K
Just to add they are rarely in there bed usually all over the settee and chair and us.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Was just about to reply & empathise with you GG...until I saw the magic words...PUGS...I want a pug...need a pug...would love a pug...swop Harry?...as you can see he doesn't take up much room on the sofa...honest;).

Your bulldog looks great at least your aware of the flat faced breed problems,and pugs are so funny friendly and we love them. Has you love ️ yours! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all you lovely people. Woke up at 4.6 after the first decent night of sleep this week and now feel so much more energetic.
BG at 4 am was 6.4 today
Soooo glad someone has had a good nights sleep,perhaps I may get one tonight! Hopefully K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I went out for lunch yesterday. There wasn't any snow yesterday day, just a bit cold. Today we got lots of snow. I have heard the city snow plows go by, we live on a city bus route, and they always get priority for the snow cleared from them, so the road is pretty good. If you're dressed for the cold it can be nice to be out and about in it. Though as I've gotten older I sort of enter hibernation mode and stay in for most of the winter.

I've been happy with my BG readings lately, they've been pretty steady 6s lately when I've gotten up.
Hi lxarix you sound a little like me I know if I wrapped up I'd be warm and we haven't got snow like you but I do half hibernate some days in winter I do feel the cold more these days,gritting team out last night frosty morning but sun breaking through. Your BG readings are good I don't mind 6s others want lower but 5/6 s are good for me. My BG this morning was 6.4 I'm coming down with a cold been up since before 4am and I've not had anything to eat since lunch yesterday so hopefully my BG will come down again. I'm now going to have 2 poached eggs on 1 slice of toast cup coffee, so take care and stay warm. Kathleen

Reactions: geefull and Ymdawd

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

up to the bathroom at 5.30am, tested then thought, brrrrr it's cold!, looked out of the window, thought 'nope' and went back to my warm bed for a couple of hours :happy:

Making roast pork for dinner today ;) and trying a lowish carb. apple crumble for pud.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
In Scotland I can access my GP’s diabetic records that they have for me. As at 14/11/17 my HbA1C was 41mmol/mol or 5.9% which I am quite chuffed about as several months ago it was about double that. Kidney function and cholesterol are all within perfectly normal parameters for my age which is also great news. Also had my eyes all done too and have 20:20 vision as long as I keep my glasses on.

All I have to do now is keep up the hard work over the past three or four months

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
good morning all :)

4.4 today

up to the bathroom at 5.30am, tested then thought, brrrrr it's cold!, looked out of the window, thought 'nope' and went back to my warm bed for a couple of hours :happy:

Making roast pork for dinner today ;) and trying a lowish carb. apple crumble for pud.

Hi Gleeful Snap just took the pork out of oven looks good,I've been up since 4 am with this So and So cold couldn't sleep and hubby was also kept awake though he doesn't mind he's not like that,but he's in work tonight so I got on settee with dogs but they beat me too it has usual I had to have what room was left so no rest. No sweet for us not that I feel like one anyway, I find if I do without I don't crave sweet things,it's if I have some I want more. So it's far easier to not have? Enjoy rest of the weekend sun breaking through here! K
BG this morning 6.4 hopefully it will go back down after I get on best side of this cold?

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. 6.1 today.

Off to take mum in law out for lunch. She has dementia and is living alone with lots of support. She is a lovely woman and although this very cruel disease has taken a lot of her short term memory she is still essentially the same kind, argumentative and compassionate woman she always was. This can lead to a few interesting meetings, like the time outside tescos when she tried to give a rough sleeper all of the shopping we had just bought ( which he liked) together with tons of advice about having a wash and how to get a job( which he didint like)!!

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday. X

D

Diabeticliberty

In Scotland I can access my GP’s diabetic records that they have for me. As at 14/11/17 my HbA1C was 41mmol/mol or 5.9% which I am quite chuffed about as several months ago it was about double that. Kidney function and cholesterol are all within perfectly normal parameters for my age which is also great news. Also had my eyes all done too and have 20:20 vision as long as I keep my glasses on.

All I have to do now is keep up the hard work over the past three or four months

At my last eye test the optician took me out into his back yard and told me to look up. He then asked what I could see? I squinted from the bright light and replied 'I can see the sun' He asked me how far I wanted to see and sent me on my way.