What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

Morning all. 6.1 today.

Off to take mum in law out for lunch. She has dementia and is living alone with lots of support. She is a lovely woman and although this very cruel disease has taken a lot of her short term memory she is still essentially the same kind, argumentative and compassionate woman she always was. This can lead to a few interesting meetings, like the time outside tescos when she tried to give a rough sleeper all of the shopping we had just bought ( which he liked) together with tons of advice about having a wash and how to get a job( which he didint like)!!

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday. X

Sorry I am not laughing at her at all. The comment about the rough sleeper though is just about the funniest thing I have read this week. I hope you have great day together :)

Reactions: Freema

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gleeful Snap just took the pork out of oven looks good,I've been up since 4 am with this So and So cold couldn't sleep and hubby was also kept awake though he doesn't mind he's not like that,but he's in work tonight so I got on settee with dogs but they beat me too it has usual I had to have what room was left so no rest. No sweet for us not that I feel like one anyway, I find if I do without I don't crave sweet things,it's if I have some I want more. So it's far easier to not have? Enjoy rest of the weekend sun breaking through here! K
BG this morning 6.4 hopefully it will go back down after I get on best side of this cold?

Yes @Granny_grump_ , I like a bit of roast pork! We take Sunday lunch to eat with Mr gee's mum. I don't eat much sweet stuff (I agree it's easier :(), and we only have a pud. on Sunday, usually I have some yoghurt and a few berries or a sugar free mousse or jelly. Today I'm trying something different that I can have a bit of too to see how it goes down with Mr gee and his mum (she gets a bit upset sometimes when she thinks I can't share, she's a sweetheart of a MIL), they will have it with custard and I'll have a bit of greek yoghurt ;)

D

Diabeticliberty

Yes @Granny_grump_ , I like a bit of roast pork! We take Sunday lunch to eat with Mr gee's mum. I don't eat much sweet stuff (I agree it's easier :(), and we only have a pud. on Sunday, usually I have some yoghurt and a few berries or a sugar free mousse or jelly. Today I'm trying something different that I can have a bit of too to see how it goes down with Mr gee and his mum (she gets a bit upset sometimes when she thinks I can't share, she's a sweetheart of a MIL), they will have it with custard and I'll have a bit of greek yoghurt ;)

Custard is the finest product ever created since the dawn of time. I can take or leave most sweet things but bring out custard and my eyes glaze over and I start to whimper like a mangy mongrel which of course is exactly what I am :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, @Granny_grump_. It does make a world of difference, doesn't it.
Hi@ziggy_w
It would be wonderful to get a good nights sleep but cold or no cold I rarely do sleep well, can't see much chance at moment sleeping propped up has I can't breathe with this cold. I suffer all year rhinitis anyway but not been has bad this year for some reason and another, but nose and airways blocked I've used my sea spray but not helping has yet. Will probably get mid week before I'm feeling something like. But thank you for the crossed fingers. K

Reactions: HelenHak

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Custard is the finest product ever created since the dawn of time. I can take or leave most sweet things but bring out custard and my eyes glaze over and I start to whimper like a mangy mongrel which of course is exactly what I am :)

Aah custard plus some of my mothers clootie dumpling. I would joyfully kill for a bit of that.

D

Diabeticliberty

Aah custard plus some of my mothers clootie dumpling. I would joyfully kill for a bit of that.

If you share it with me then I will help you hide the body. Nobody has yet found the last one for which I got half a can of rice pudding and some full fat raspberry jam :)

PS please don't tell the fuzz

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7,2 mmol/l
2cae5554ec2a67ffcf714d202c382822.jpg

D

Diabeticliberty

Bo día ben o meu bastón de munchkins diabéticos. pode que todos teñan un día agradable e unha semana marabillosa. This morning folks I am going minimalist so all I will say is that my waking blood sugars are 3.4mmols and I am going to walk my dog completely in the nude

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
Been lied here awake since 2 am BG today 5.7
They say feed a cold so I broke my usual fasting and had a supper around 8 pm two small slices toasted fruit loaf with butter cup of tea.K
Weather horrible raining! Got an appointment at the vets with Elle this morning,not urgent may cancel and rearrange still under the weather with this cold don't feel I want to go out in this after staying in over weekend to keep warm. Hope I've not got it for much longer. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bo día ben o meu bastón de munchkins diabéticos. pode que todos teñan un día agradable e unha semana marabillosa. This morning folks I am going minimalist so all I will say is that my waking blood sugars are 3.4mmols and I am going to walk my dog completely in the nude
Can anybody watch the spectacle! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...Monday...raining...and its cold...on a positive note...I'm up...coffee tastes good...woke to a 5.0
Good morning Bubbsie horrible weather here too! K

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Pavlosn what a beautiful Christmas arrangement, have you done it yourself or shop bought ! K
Hi Kathleen

My only contribution to the Christmas decorations was taking the photographs.

1634923101017d3ec057609fa7825e8e.jpg

It's a bit embarrassing to admit but we pay for someone to come and decorate our trees. My wife and I both work long hours and have neither the time or the patience to do this ourselves.

066ab0bdade66785d8b0ac490fdf960f.jpg

Yes, we have two Christmas trees the more formal one in the front room and more fun one for the living room.
d863c5787fea4dbeac9c5153ec57efa9.jpg

My wife has some funny ideas sometimes.

ac2ea71b199bc043705792a72c70c6d7.jpg

But I have to admit the house does look spectacular over Christmas.

But for me right now is too soon to be drowning in Christmas spirit

Pavlos