What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Kathleen me darlin' you were right when you said I was nesh. I just couldn't go through with it. The dutiful diabetic does not take chances with their feet. With this in mind my doggie went completely nude and I went out in only a pair of leopard skin print carpet slippers. My podiatrist will love me forever more :)

Wished I was their to see armed with a camera Haha!!!!!K

Reactions: geefull

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Your numbers look good compared to mine,geefull.....I've reached my target weight,so have been tweaking the carbs to see how things go.My morning readings are a wee bit high,so I'll have a re think............. I still look in the mirror and wonder who this little granny is with the white hair.She reminds me of my mother when she was an old lady.It can't be me because in my head I'm in my thirties!;)

Heh ! Less of the old and granny comments bet you look fab!! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
Been lied here awake since 2 am BG today 5.7
They say feed a cold so I broke my usual fasting and had a supper around 8 pm two small slices toasted fruit loaf with butter cup of tea.K
Weather horrible raining! Got an appointment at the vets with Elle this morning,not urgent may cancel and rearrange still under the weather with this cold don't feel I want to go out in this after staying in over weekend to keep warm. Hope I've not got it for much longer. K
Hope the cold clears soon kathleen try and have a little nap today sending hugs ♀️

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
9f310d8df70c1a71494db388973dd821.jpg

Weather dark and gloomy here too though sun did break through briefly this morningn long enough for me to shot this photo. The dramatically lid landscapes (the back garden in this case) against broody skies are amongst my favorite photos.

Hope you are better soon @
Granny_grump

Thank you I'm sure I will be, lovely photo by the way, looks very tropical K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Kathleen

My only contribution to the Christmas decorations was taking the photographs.

1634923101017d3ec057609fa7825e8e.jpg

It's a bit embarrassing to admit but we pay for someone to come and decorate our trees. My wife and I both work long hours and have neither the time or the patience to do this ourselves.

066ab0bdade66785d8b0ac490fdf960f.jpg

Yes, we have two Christmas trees the more formal one in the front room and more fun one for the living room.
d863c5787fea4dbeac9c5153ec57efa9.jpg

My wife has some funny ideas sometimes.

ac2ea71b199bc043705792a72c70c6d7.jpg

But I have to admit the house does look spectacular over Christmas.

But for me right now is too soon to be drowning in Christmas spirit

Pavlos
Fabulous pav

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning all :)

5.0 today

a little bit higher than usual for me but I was awake a couple of hours earlier and lay dozing and then forgot and drank some of a cup of tea before testing :( so I'm putting it down to that though I had a bit more protein yesterday than usual ;) (Yummy roast pork!)

I'm trying to tweak my food intake up a bit now I'm getting to a reasonable weight and balancing things is a bit of a task isn't it after having a very good idea of exactly what I could/would eat to have a small calorie deficit?

Balancing things for the long term is the new task :) looking in the mirror and seeing myself half the size I was is still a bit of a surprise some days :happy:
Well done geefull

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Get well soon Granny.

Thank you for your kind words it's only a cold but they make you feel like Rubbish don't they, especially when your up half the night! Hopefully it will ease Has week goes on, have a lovely day ! K

Reactions: philchap1

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hope the cold clears soon kathleen try and have a little nap today sending hugs ♀️

Thanks Karen will try and nap but I don't hold out much hope dogs climbing all over you, and hubby in bed from his night shift,would try conservatory but it's a little chilly this time of year. Oh well no rest for the wicked eh! K

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks GG,not so sure about that,luckily mr Mac thinks I'm still ok although I believe he's waiting for a spec savers appointment!!;) Hope you feel better with that cold.

I like it when watching Rugby League on the TV and the referee has a Specsavers advert on the back of his shirt. LOL

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks GG,not so sure about that,luckily mr Mac thinks I'm still ok although I believe he's waiting for a spec savers appointment!!;) Hope you feel better with that cold.

Hi Glenmac
It's no easy feat to lose weight irrespective of how much,we need encouragement and a pat on the back where it's due,and it's over due you've achieved a fabulous weight loss well done. Now enjoy buying all those new smaller clothes,if your anything like me I've just bought myself 2 pair trousers and 2 tops in size 16 I was size 24 because I couldn't accept the loss and carried on wearing large clothes. I saw myself in a full length mirror I looked like a baggy sack,so that spurred me on to buy. I'm happy with this size Has when we get older everything goes south so I don't want more weight loss. But Congratulations to you enjoy your hard work!
Nothing wrong with Mr Macs arms is their he he can wrap them round you better now I'll bet.K Haha!! K

Reactions: ziggy_w and Ymdawd