Nobody?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Just logged on to see what the reaction to tonight's Channel 4 News bombshell was. The trailer said that Type 2 diabetes could be reversed and maintained by losing weight. I couldn't watch at 7pm, so I missed this this life-changing news item.
Anybody see it?

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hey there @nomoredonuts
There's a pretty good thread forming in the Diabetes Research Forum. You should check that one out.
:)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I saw theBBC evening [email protected] Beeb ran the detail on BBC1 and our local Scottish news
This is being discussed on another thread.I was really excited as I'd just arrived back home after discussing with a new GP how I'd achieved anHbA1c result of 41 with a Lowcarb diet.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
*cautiously optimistic* ...the good news is spreading?

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
its a shake diet. really how many years have we been warned off those. thought it was funny the woman that was in remission was cooking a really enormous potato. sadly i suspect a lot of those dieters will fail to change to a low carb eating style and the old diabetes will comeback. and they will feel failures.

Reactions: woodywhippet61

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just logged on to see what the reaction to tonight's Channel 4 News bombshell was. The trailer said that Type 2 diabetes could be reversed and maintained by losing weight. I couldn't watch at 7pm, so I missed this this life-changing news item.
Anybody see it?

It is the latest results from the ND exercise. There are currently 2 threads ongoing about it, with links to the main report. The BBC report is the usual bad journalism.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is the latest results from the ND exercise. There are currently 2 threads ongoing about it, with links to the main report. The BBC report is the usual bad journalism.
The channel 4 one was, as usual, much better journalism although still imho too many images of fatties to characterise T2

Reactions: Bluetit1802

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My DN mentioned this today. She expressed concern about people going into starvation mode, and not being able to eat much afterwards without gaining weight. She also expressed concern that people may perceive the term 'remission' as 'cured' and their diabetes will come back once they start eating ordinary food again.

There are many (18%?) type 2 diabetics who are already slim at diagnosis, i wonder how the diet would affect them?