Freestyle Libre Reader

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I noticed this morning that my 'gingerbread man' has disappeared!
I recorded a bolus dose which appears in the log book, but the icon that shows insulin on board no longer appears.
Anyone else had this happen? Ideas?
I'll call Abbott tomorrow as today is Sunday, but in the meantime I feel a bit lost without the gingerbread man.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Where does this appear? Never seen it on mine.

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
It's bottom right of the check glucose/review history screen. Looks just like a gingerbread man. When you tap it, it shows the units of insulin on board. Surprised you haven't seen it tbh

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I noticed this morning that my 'gingerbread man' has disappeared!
I recorded a bolus dose which appears in the log book, but the icon that shows insulin on board no longer appears.
Anyone else had this happen? Ideas?
I'll call Abbott tomorrow as today is Sunday, but in the meantime I feel a bit lost without the gingerbread man.

That happened to me once, turned out I had started entering an insulin dose, but got distracted and left the amount at zero, which makes it throw a wobbly and loses the gingerbread man for a while. It's mentioned in the manual. It came back after a few hours. If it's not that, don't know what else might cause it.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Where does this appear? Never seen it on mine.

Go into "Professional Options", access code is CAA1C, set up various paraneters. After that's done, if you tell it how much bolus you've entered when you scan, the inslin on board gingerbread man will show up. Dead handy if you're insulin stacking.

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Go into "Professional Options", access code is CAA1C, set up various paraneters. After that's done, if you tell it how much bolus you've entered when you scan, the inslin on board gingerbread man will show up. Dead handy if you're insulin stacking.
Oh yes. I'd forgotten you had to do that to get it to show.

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
That happened to me once, turned out I had started entering an insulin dose, but got distracted and left the amount at zero, which makes it throw a wobbly and loses the gingerbread man for a while. It's mentioned in the manual. It came back after a few hours. If it's not that, don't know what else might cause it.
Yes I've done that too. This time it was a temporary disappearance. Seems to be back now. I'll check out the manual. Thanks.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Thanks.

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you actually use the calculator? I have set it up with the information, but don't see where you can actually use it?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Does anyone know if there's a way to get it to show the amount of long acting insulin taken in the log book? It lets you enter the amount, but doesn't appear to store it?