1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre Reader

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Eldorado, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Eldorado

Eldorado Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I noticed this morning that my 'gingerbread man' has disappeared!
    I recorded a bolus dose which appears in the log book, but the icon that shows insulin on board no longer appears.
    Anyone else had this happen? Ideas?
    I'll call Abbott tomorrow as today is Sunday, but in the meantime I feel a bit lost without the gingerbread man.

2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Where does this appear? Never seen it on mine.

3. Eldorado

It's bottom right of the check glucose/review history screen. Looks just like a gingerbread man. When you tap it, it shows the units of insulin on board. Surprised you haven't seen it tbh

4. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That happened to me once, turned out I had started entering an insulin dose, but got distracted and left the amount at zero, which makes it throw a wobbly and loses the gingerbread man for a while. It's mentioned in the manual. It came back after a few hours. If it's not that, don't know what else might cause it.

5. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Go into "Professional Options", access code is CAA1C, set up various paraneters. After that's done, if you tell it how much bolus you've entered when you scan, the inslin on board gingerbread man will show up. Dead handy if you're insulin stacking.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Eldorado

Oh yes. I'd forgotten you had to do that to get it to show.

7. Eldorado

Yes I've done that too. This time it was a temporary disappearance. Seems to be back now. I'll check out the manual. Thanks.

8. Chowie

Chowie Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks.

9. JoeT1

JoeT1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

How do you actually use the calculator? I have set it up with the information, but don't see where you can actually use it?

10. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Does anyone know if there's a way to get it to show the amount of long acting insulin taken in the log book? It lets you enter the amount, but doesn't appear to store it?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook