HBa1C Results!!!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received a call from my diabetic nurse today saying that my HbAlC has gone down from 85% to 46% (“pre-diabetic range”) according to the HBA1C chart.

And it all happened in just 2.5 months from diagnosis!

I prayed so hard.

Praises and thanks be to God Almighty!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that is an excellent result in such a short time. :)

Do you mind if I point out these figures are not measured in percentages, they are mmol/mol measurements. It is the old style of measurement that is a percentage. Your brilliant 46mmol/mol in old measurements is 6.4% (and is equivalent to an average of 7.6mmol/l (the measurement units we see on our meters). It is all very confusing, but it's what it is! http://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-to-blood-sugar-level-converter.html

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, that is an excellent result in such a short time. :)

Do you mind if I point out these figures are not measured in percentages, they are mmol/mol measurements. It is the old style of measurement that is a percentage. Your brilliant 46mmol/mol in old measurements is 6.4% (and is equivalent to an average of 7.6mmol/l (the measurement units we see on our meters). It is all very confusing, but it's what it is! http://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-to-blood-sugar-level-converter.html

I was told by my DN it’s 46%, that’s all.

She said on the phone I’ve fallen into pre-diabetic range and it’s a miracle.

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What was your last HBA1C?

Here’s the conversion which a forum member very kindly shared in another thread
3bfa559041865c426791a9fe930ee4e3.jpg

Reactions: Prem51

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great news indeed, @NewTD2 !

I'm going to the vampires tomorrow for my HbA1c and thyroid stuff - I've had a disastrous week of blood sugars but *clutches at straws* every hyper has been matched with a hypo so hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I'll get away with it**.

Last time I got my results I was amused that my doctor's receptionist said 'normal' when I asked her what my HbA1c was. If only she knew how hard this type 1 works to show up as 'normal' - i.e. not diabetic - on that test!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

**I know, I know, not desirable. Ho hum. Too much exercise, too much overcorrection of hypos, never mind............

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received a call from my diabetic nurse today saying that my HbAlC has gone down from 85% to 46% (“pre-diabetic range”) according to the HBA1C chart.

And it all happened in just 2.5 months from diagnosis!

I prayed so hard.

Praises and thanks be to God Almighty!!!
I admire your faith, but give yourself some credit too! Very well done!

Reactions: Prem51

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great news indeed, @NewTD2 !

I'm going to the vampires tomorrow for my HbA1c and thyroid stuff - I've had a disastrous week of blood sugars but *clutches at straws* every hyper has been matched with a hypo so hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I'll get away with it**.

Last time I got my results I was amused that my doctor's receptionist said 'normal' when I asked her what my HbA1c was. If only she knew how hard this type 1 works to show up as 'normal' - i.e. not diabetic - on that test!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

**I know, I know, not desirable. Ho hum. Too much exercise, too much overcorrection of hypos, never mind............

Thank you and hope you get better soon!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great results. It also means you are T2, not T1 as your GP suggested .

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I know I’ve been stubborn but I want to thank you and I couldn’t have done this without your advice too!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

So if my HBA1C has gone down to the “pre-diabetic” range, does that mean I’m T2?

But I haven’t had the GAD and C-peptide tests.