• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
probably be able to get some "hot cross buns" as well

Lovely thought - but good grief! Do they really start with the hcb's that soon? (or are they some kind of local variant?)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @Tipetoo , I have a friend going to Aussie next week and was warned of fly season. Wondering how to dress lol. Any advice?

D

Deleted member 308541

Lovely thought - but good grief! Do they really start with the hcb's that soon? (or are they some kind of local variant?)
The Easter variety of hcb's are nearly always in store on boxing day.

Hey @Tipetoo , I have a friend going to Aussie next week and was warned of fly season. Wondering how to dress lol. Any advice?
It's summer time and flies will annoy you, so use a insect repellent such as Bushmans. It's available in most stores and pharmacies.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/325132/bushman-insect-repellent-heavy-duty

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
D

Deleted member 308541

She was going to get one of those head gear things with the mesh lol.

Flies are annoying!!!
Please tell her not to do that, as she will stick out like a sore thumb and open to a bit of good natured ribbing from the locals. She will soon learn how to do the Aussie wave / salute.

Be careful of Drop Bears tho'.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please tell her not to do that, as she will stick out like a sore thumb and open to a bit of good natured ribbing from the locals. She will soon learn how to do the Aussie wave / salute.

Wot! Don't they do the hats with dangly corks any more ? ? :angelic:

:D:D

D

Deleted member 308541

Wot! Don't they do the hats with dangly corks any more ? ? :angelic::D:D

They are for idiots like my older brother to wear, he wore one when he came for a visit once and my sons stuck it in to him. It was consigned to the bin quick smart.

You will get the hang of the Aussie salute / wave while here.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Be careful of Drop Bears tho'.
Haha. Maybe I’ll just let it ride for the sake of a good story when she gets home.

Naw, can’t do that. I’ll clue her in

D

Deleted member 308541

Haha. Maybe I’ll just let it ride for the sake of a good story when she gets home.

Naw, can’t do that. I’ll clue her in

travel-tourism-holidays-vacation-cork_hat-oz-aussies-dpan2833_low.jpg

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We all went shopping yesterday, avo's are still high on the shopping list as everyone is getting stuck into them here.

There was no hot cross buns on sale tho', asked one of the staff in the bread and cake section if they had any, she said they will have them instore in Geraldton on January 2.

Here's a link which plays a jingle.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...s/news-story/f90fdbe0523191da01d47d2d29d597f8
Nice little jungle!

Hit our Aldi today and nice sized Avos for .69. Picked up 6. Haven’t had a bad one from there yet.

The hot cross buns look delish, though not my menu. Today I had in my hand as a Costco sample, Boursin cheese on the most crusty soft baguette. Oh, was I tempted. Melted butter as well. All my willpower to bin it. Of course not before licking the cheese off inconspicuously

Reactions: Salvia

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tipetoo, Good looking buns on display there; I still think it's depressing that they have to be in stores so soon into the New Year - but that's life, I guess (and commerce!)

As for avos - I still haven't found a decent one; it's been weeks now.

@Kristin251, I wish our Aldi was the same as yours; you seem always to find good avos at a reasonable price. May have said this before, the English version of Aldi is a lot different from the American one. Top marks on resisting the crusty baguette with melted butter - oooh, I'm drooling at the thought (have to tell myself the thought is often better than the reality :D). The Boursin more than made up for the sacrifice, of course!

Happy New Year to both, and to respective families, partners, significant others, HIDs, ..... plus sundry pets of whatever variety ........

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Tipetoo, Good looking buns on display there; I still think it's depressing that they have to be in stores so soon into the New Year - but that's life, I guess (and commerce!)

As for avos - I still haven't found a decent one; it's been weeks now.

@Kristin251, I wish our Aldi was the same as yours; you seem always to find good avos at a reasonable price. May have said this before, the English version of Aldi is a lot different from the American one. Top marks on resisting the crusty baguette with melted butter - oooh, I'm drooling at the thought (have to tell myself the thought is often better than the reality :D). The Boursin more than made up for the sacrifice, of course!

Happy New Year to both, and to respective families, partners, significant others, HIDs, ..... plus sundry pets of whatever variety ........
Happy new year!! Where did the year go? I am fortunate to find great Avos. ! We came home from holiday sick and no appetite. Didn’t eat them for 5 days and now I miss them. Picked up a bunch today. There is no doubt how good they are for me but a pain in the butt lol. So be it. Everything else food wise is pretty simple.

Hope you both have a great holiday! And salvia I sure hope you find a good avo to bring in the new year!!!

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @Kristin251, so sorry to see that you've been sick, hope it didn't ruin your holiday completely, - and hope that you're both ok again now. Take care of you as much as you can. (( hugs ))

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh @Kristin251, so sorry to see that you've been sick, hope it didn't ruin your holiday completely, - and hope that you're both ok again now. Take care of you as much as you can. (( hugs ))
Awe thanks Salvia. My dad ruined it more than sick lol. We were both feeling better and today slid backwards. We will conquer and over come lol. At least we both feel better and worse in conjunction. It’s freezing here but getting warmer sooner. That will help. Nobodies furnaces are keeping up!!

Do you see I might have found an avocados peato worthy of attempting?

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/creamy-avocado-pesto-395594

I would probably leave the pine nuts out but crumble some butter roasted pecans in at the end. A little crunch rather than pummeling expensive nuts into a sauce that I can’t taste them. I think I’m liking this idea. Minus the pasta of course

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Prem51