What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Freema I am aware in Germany that the 24 th is your main celebration day has my brother lives in Baden Baden,has you say we have our main celebration on 25th our main bird to eat is usually Turkey which we had and I roasted a gammon joint so we had a slice of each, 2 tiny roast potatoes cooked in goose fat,pigs in blankets x2 roasted veg Brussels sprouts chanterney carrots bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and smoked bacon cut up and sprinkled over veg dash of olive oil in oven to roast. Started with prawn cocktail. and ended with a mini Christmas cake and custard with lots of cream stirred in it. Glass Procceco and that's our Christmas Meal, fabulous! I was 6.3 this morning and 6.3 going to bed tonight wait to see what it is tomorrow morning? Only had this meal until around 8 pm and nibbled on small slice pizza and a mini pork pie which I didn't finish wasn't enjoying it just not hungry! K

Sounds like a luxury meal to me thats really a gigantic feast interesting how traditions differ

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[
6.3 at 11:45 slowly getting lower
Freema...might be slightly higher than you want...or expect...but given the festive season...the weather...coughs/colds/sneezes...good solid respectable numbers:)... perfectly within range...which is no mean feat on diet & exercise alone...expecting to ditch the last remaining Metformin myself soon... BGs on the way down...doubt very much you have anything to worry about.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas,been away from internet over Christmas,so I'm just catching up with you all.We drove to South Scotland from the Borders yesterday,fantastic journey,one to remember.........fresh snow and sunshine ......quite magical,a real winter wonderland.Step daughters new house looked amazing,considering they only moved in two weeks ago,Christmas tree and decorations and a log burning stove,perfect!!Lots of hygge(@Freema. My readings are high .....7.6 this morning....I blame the mince pie and trifle!!
I was 7.9 this morning Glenmac...I blame the curry & Rice...home made shortbreads & Trifle...have I mentioned the sweets...or the after eight mints?...I am firmly back on the wagon now...honestly:oops:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
we will stick on that wagon together,@Bubbsie,we have to live a little over Christmas!!Im like you,just down to one Metformin,so not bad at all.Hope you are not driving on the icy roads forecast for the south,stay warm!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope your ok
thanks philchap spoke to dsn this morning while in work she reckons coming to the end of my honeymoon period she said to higher basal by 1 unit leave for a couple of days and if bgs not coming down do another 1 unit .also she said to not do correction doses in between but to do them at my next meal so see how it goes feel fine just a bit worried as i couldnt bring levels down xx

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
13.7 for me this morning must be coming down with something
emoji21.png
If you are coming down with something Karen...or are not feeling up to par...unfortunately there isn't much you/we can do about it...of course it might be just one of those 'blips' we get from time to time...if it's a single episode then doubt there is much to worry about...if it doesn't settle...you can always ring your DSN...or surgery...fingers crossed there's nothing 'lurking'.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are coming down with something Karen...or are not feeling up to par...unfortunately there isn't much you/we can do about it...of course it might be just one of those 'blips' we get from time to time...if it's a single episode then doubt there is much to worry about...if it doesn't settle...you can always ring your DSN...or surgery...fingers crossed there's nothing 'lurking'.
thanks bubbsie been on to dsn this morning while in work basically said honeymoon period over and has upped insulin xx

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks bubbsie been on to dsn this morning while in work basically said honeymoon period over and has upped insulin xx
Possibly...could be any number of reasons...no doubt if the increase works...she's right...always worth seeing how things go...good luck...honestly my knowledge of insulin is woefully ignorant...keep telling myself I should know more...but...would be so reluctant to advise on type 1...there's nothing like the practical experience of living with it daily to 'navigate' those hurdles we have to get over from time to time.

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Possibly...could be any number of reasons...no doubt if the increase works...she's right...always worth seeing how things go...good luck...honestly my knowledge of insulin is woefully ignorant...keep telling myself I should know more...but...would be so reluctant to advise on type 1...there's nothing like the practical experience of living with it daily to 'navigate' those hurdles we have to get over from time to time.
thanks bubbsie think i agree with dsn which is not always the case lol but tbh i dont feel unwell or feel as if im coming down with anything you feel as if you get everything under control then poof it throws a curve ball xx