What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
we will stick on that wagon together,@Bubbsie,we have to live a little over Christmas!!Im like you,just down to one Metformin,so not bad at all.Hope you are not driving on the icy roads forecast for the south,stay warm!
Phew...took the dog for a walk this morning Glenmac...hard enough negotiating the pavements...never mind the roads in this weather...not driving anywhere if I can help it...do believe we can divert occasionally from the food restrictions we have...particularly at this time of the year...as long as I can identify any rise...I'm okay with that...and since it's only an occasional diversion...as far am I am concerned...that's allowed;).

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks bubbsie think i agree with dsn which is not always the case lol but tbh i dont feel unwell or feel as if im coming down with anything you feel as if you get everything under control then poof it throws a curve ball xx
Sometimes Karen we just have to accept Diabetes is an absolute B***H...waits for us to get comfortable...then as you say...she launches that curved ball...just because she can!

ewpfaffly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Conflict
Good Morning all :D. 244mg (13.8 mmol) this am. Not great but better than I have been. I'm getting over my fear of the Novolog so I am going to take some shortly, 2 units should do it without dropping dangerously low. I'm supposed to take 1 unit for every 50mg I'm over 150mg. I am determined to get my readings stabilized without bottoming out or going off the charts. Still waiting for the nutritionist consultation, I'm sure that will help me a lot. Learning to count the carbs for every meal will go a long way to getting leveled out. I started out looking at every label I bought and I got so overwhelmed I started slacking off and then stopping completely. Reading about other people having a hard time with diet, and then reading some of the post of those who have had complications from not toeing the line, has renewed my resolve. My heart goes out to everyone who has been battling this disease and can only say that seeing others meet their goals and to know that they are overcoming there own demons gives me strength to keep battling my own.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morning all :D. 244mg (13.8 mmol) this am. Not great but better than I have been. I'm getting over my fear of the Novolog so I am going to take some shortly, 2 units should do it without dropping dangerously low. I'm supposed to take 1 unit for every 50mg I'm over 150mg. I am determined to get my readings stabilized without bottoming out or going off the charts. Still waiting for the nutritionist consultation, I'm sure that will help me a lot. Learning to count the carbs for every meal will go a long way to getting leveled out. I started out looking at every label I bought and I got so overwhelmed I started slacking off and then stopping completely. Reading about other people having a hard time with diet, and then reading some of the post of those who have had complications from not toeing the line, has renewed my resolve. My heart goes out to everyone who has been battling this disease and can only say that seeing others meet their goals and to know that they are overcoming there own demons gives me strength to keep battling my own.
good for you;):)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...actually got a lie ...needed it...getting back on track finally after the Christmas carb explosion...almost managed a whole 24hrs without reaching for the 'contraband'...just off to bed last night...reached out for a couple of chocolates...woke to a 5.7...certainly better than yesterday...so improving slowly...freezing this morning...about to reach for the dogs lead...more coffee first I think.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG of 7.3 at 6.50pm

Not bad I suppose since I am in the middle of a bad bad cold, sore throat, blocked sinuses etc. Wish I knew who had given me this.
@Ymdawd Wasn't me honestly! Haha! Hope your soon feeling better,you can tell I am don't forget your own advice steam inhalation!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
11.3 for me today better than yesterday i suppose enjoy your day all
Hope things settle down for you soon with your BG levels,but it's still new to you so maybe it takes time,I'm no expert with insulin not being on any,but I do remember my sister when she was first diagnosed. K