Good article about Fasting

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who are not willing to give up sugar, starches, fizzy drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
Good Day Fello Fasters: I came across this article which doe a wonderful job of explaining intermittent fasting. give it a read even if you know everything about fasting. For me it is good to know I am doing things right and not causing further injury to myself from fasting.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320125.php

Reactions: seanj67

Arlmy

Hi jwongcsp
Thank you for sharing
Very interesting article but as a prediabetic, it is unclear if IF helps

I plan to read again

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who are not willing to give up sugar, starches, fizzy drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
Hi Arlmy : I can only speak for myself. IF has made life easier for me. Much easier than calorie restriction eating.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that. OMAD is something I would like to try, but I'm breaking myself in gently with 16:8, I do find that works well for me and my numbers drop quickly. Like a lot of us I have been a bit lax over the last couple of weeks, so today is back on track I will be eating in about 30 minutes :)

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for that. OMAD is something I would like to try, but I'm breaking myself in gently with 16:8, I do find that works well for me and my numbers drop quickly. Like a lot of us I have been a bit lax over the last couple of weeks, so today is back on track I will be eating in about 30 minutes :)
I would stress extreme caution for you, because of the medications you are taking.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would stress extreme caution for you, because of the medications you are taking.

Ah yea, I do check my numbers regularly - I will probably struggle on OMAD anyway, if 16:8 carries on working then I can live with that :)

Last edited: