1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Good article about Fasting

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by jwongcsp, Dec 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jwongcsp

jwongcsp Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Good Day Fello Fasters: I came across this article which doe a wonderful job of explaining intermittent fasting. give it a read even if you know everything about fasting. For me it is good to know I am doing things right and not causing further injury to myself from fasting.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320125.php

• Like Like x 1
  2. Arlmy

Arlmy · Well-Known Member

Hi jwongcsp
    Thank you for sharing
    Very interesting article but as a prediabetic, it is unclear if IF helps

I plan to read again

3. jwongcsp

Hi Arlmy : I can only speak for myself. IF has made life easier for me. Much easier than calorie restriction eating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. seanj67

seanj67 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. OMAD is something I would like to try, but I'm breaking myself in gently with 16:8, I do find that works well for me and my numbers drop quickly. Like a lot of us I have been a bit lax over the last couple of weeks, so today is back on track I will be eating in about 30 minutes :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. jwongcsp

I would stress extreme caution for you, because of the medications you are taking.

6. seanj67

seanj67 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ah yea, I do check my numbers regularly - I will probably struggle on OMAD anyway, if 16:8 carries on working then I can live with that :)

• Useful Useful x 1
    #6 seanj67, Jan 4, 2018 at 9:02 AM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook