Lidl High Protein Rolls

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a reply from customer services this morning. It has completely missed the point, and it seems the author hasn't read or understood my enquiry. This looks like a stock answer to any queries they have about any old product.

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to offer our customers high quality products at permanently low prices we only stock a limited range of products. Due to a fast turnover and potential delays involved in receiving enquiries I am unable to provide accurate stock information or reserve products via email.

I recommend that you visit your local store to purchase the item you want. Promotional products are sometimes only available for a limited time. Please ask staff in store for information on whether a product will be restocked.

I do hope that this information is of use to you and that you find the item you are looking for.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a reply from customer services this morning. It has completely missed the point, and it seems the author hasn't read or understood my enquiry. This looks like a stock answer to any queries they have about any old product.

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to offer our customers high quality products at permanently low prices we only stock a limited range of products. Due to a fast turnover and potential delays involved in receiving enquiries I am unable to provide accurate stock information or reserve products via email.

I recommend that you visit your local store to purchase the item you want. Promotional products are sometimes only available for a limited time. Please ask staff in store for information on whether a product will be restocked.

I do hope that this information is of use to you and that you find the item you are looking for.
Yes. Idiotic reply.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes. Idiotic reply.
They are not all bad. This is one I received earlier:

Re: Availability of High Protein Roll

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the above item.

This item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Reactions: maglil55

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

This item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

That is very similar to the reply I had last time they were "discontinued". All that happened then was they changed the size of the rolls and the product code number. Let us hope.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ha! That seemed curiously familiar, so I checked my email. Here is my email from them, dated 8th October, i.e. just over 2 months ago:

So hopefully they don't know what's going on, and the HP Rolls are safe:)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yes - that's similar to my reply except mine didn't mention them not being available and, in fact, there are still loads in the 2 stores within driving distance. They did ask me which stores I use.
Maybe Scotland is different?

Arlmy

Same at my store; only trouble is I go so seldom that they seem to have changed the timings every time. The fresh-baked section isn't staffed routinely, so it appears to be pot-luck who does the baking (or, I guess, whoever happens to be on baking rota that day). I was lucky this time and got 16 at one go; those'll last me well into the New Year. :)eek: New Year, already!!)

Sadly, I have also had to come away empty-handed on occasion when I've misjudged the times and found the basket empty with no hope of an early replenishment. :meh:
There's someone on here (can't remember who it is), who can buy them frozen/uncooked, to bake at home. Have asked about this at my store but was refused without too much consideration (I thought). Keep wondering if I should email Lidl and ask if they can introduce a bake-at-home version; still just a passing thought at the mo.

I have started baking my own recipe, a bit heavy but very tasty

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have started baking my own recipe, a bit heavy but very tasty

Hi, Arlmy, did you literally make up your own recipe for the rolls? good for you. I don't have the skill for such things, but I can cope with buying something that I can stick in the oven when I get home, and simply finish off the baking!
I know dietdoctor, and a few other sites have low-carb rolls or bread, but have never tried to make from scratch.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is very similar to the reply I had last time they were "discontinued". All that happened then was they changed the size of the rolls and the product code number. Let us hope.
Hope springs eternal. It is clearly a boilerplate answer. Just now I called in at my local Lidl, and there before my very eyes was a basket, and in that said basket were 2 triangular shapes just waiting to be plucked.

HP rolls are back in town!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have also just been to my Lidl. The basket was there, shiny clean and empty, and the basket label was covered with a blank one. The very nice store manager came past me and I asked what was going on. She said she hadn't heard anything about a withdrawal, said they are very popular in our store, so unlikely to be withdrawn.. She explained the empty basket by saying the main bakery that does the mixture and freezes it hadn't sent them any this week. She said she would be ordering a load in the morning which will be ready for sale Thursday. She also said once they are back in stock I can pre-order any number I want and they will bake that number for me to collect, or I can buy the frozen mix and she would give me the cooking instructions.

I explained about the low carb element being good for diabetics. She said the low GI rolls have been designed particularly for diabetics, to which I pointed out they are 45% carb as opposed to 10% in the HP ones. She got the message.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh and to add to the above post, and to the confusion, following my grumpy reply to the inept response I had from customer care, I have just received exactly the same email from customer services as @Oldvatr

Reactions: maglil55 and dbr10

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These should do me for a day or two ;) Ordered 24 last week and there they all were today. I told the chap (Manager perhaps?) that they were good for diabetics so please don't discontinue them. He seemed interested in that so hopefully they'll keep them going. If enough of us mention so in store and online, hopefully those who are having trouble getting them at the moment won't in the future. It's good that your store manager would give you cooking instructions for frozen ones, @Bluetit1802 - result! (I'll need a bigger freezer....)

20171212_140907.jpeg

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went into Lidls on Sunday and got rolls, but they were back to 29p rather than the 4 for £1 which has been going for a little while - perhaps that is causing the disruption. I always buy more when they are on offer - problem is that I then eat them rather than stockpiling them for later.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My famine is definitely over. Went into store today on the offchance,and it was getting on for closing time. There on the shelf stood a basket full of the blighters. I had to leave some for posterity, which has been unusual recently. seems that whoever mixes the dough has woken up and is now supplying the chain. Hooray.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My bg readings after eating one Lidl High Protein Roll (with corned beef and salad):

Before meal: 5.0
2 hours after: 5.5

The spike was just 0.5 so it’s definitely now on the menu.

Enjoy!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here we go again :banghead:

No high protein rolls in my store, and no empty baskets with the appropriate label on. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My hubby went for them and failed to ask the manager about this. No direct telephone number to ring so had to contact customer services via email. Awaiting response, which will most likely be the same rubbish they spouted before.