What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...good sleep last night...still up at 5am...no idea what a 'lie in' is nowadays...lots to do...house to organise...paperwork...accounts for that kindly body HMRC (tax man)....I'll be right onto it...as soon as I've had another coffee...relaxed into my day...reconsidered my finances...bought that winning lottery ticket...sod it...my day today...accounts & HMRC can have tomorrow instead...woke to a 5.5.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.2 for me today full of cold so not moving todày have a great weekend all
emoji4.png

Dam...it's hard work navigating diabetes without the coughs & colds that seem to be prevalent this time of the year...nothing you can do but wait for it to pass...do you follow the 'sick day' rules?...on a positive note maybe the cold is responsible for the higher numbers of late...hoping by the end of this weekend it has run itself out and you can get back on course.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump_ after the 7.9 this morning my bg’s have been low to mid 5’s so far today. I’m starting to feel a bit better now. Things are starting to move (if you know what I mean).
@Troubled1 i know exactly what you mean and hopefully you won't have any more of the same problems,but if you do bear in mind what I said a gentle medication taken before bed time with a hot drink and that should do the trick only Has and when you need too. And increase the veg I also used to have a fresh pear sometimes and that worked too,it's about finding something yourself has we are all different, but now I've found walnuts and almonds do the same about 6 of them for a few days if I need them.
Good luck K

Reactions: Aginoth and ziggy_w

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this morning. Haven’t slept at all thanks to a productive cough. So tired today. I also fear I will be battling the little voice on my shoulder telling me to eat what I want because it won’t matter as sugar is high already and you’re ill anyway.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone
Like others here my diabetes baffles us at times I stayed at 6.2 all day yesterday and at 3am tested and was still 6.2
Retested at 8 :20 am and I'm now 5.9.
Hope everyone who is having a ruff day with all these bugs are soon well again and back to their BG numbers they like, it's a rotten time of year and know doubt there will be more of us going down with the coughs and colds.
We have no control over any part of our diabetes at these times and we have to just ride it out! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.7 at 10:45
@Freema just scraped into 5s this morning @5.9 BG, unsure if it will stay hopefully it will but family round later so fingers crossed no temptations. Our eldest granddaughter is coming round with her tonsillitis hope she's mostly over it!
She is moving into her first home next week and we are so pleased for her so we have a gift for her and she should be able to buy the coffee table she has had her eye on for her new flat. Can't wait to see it myself ( the flat I mean) it's in an old converted convent near the hospital I used to work at and they have kept many original features and very spacious too a beautiful building.
So have a lovely weekend everyone we are taking the Christmas decorations and trees down today,hubby went overboard this year so he's made a start outside, sooner him than me! I had better make a start with doing the same inside so will chat again later!K

Reactions: Aginoth and Glenmac

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 today......not sure what's happening here I ate very little yesterday after a bad bout of IBS,but stayed in the 6s all day.The night before woke at 3.30 and was 8.0.Not sleeping well just now so the lack of sleep isn't helping.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Troubled1 just read someone's post from abroad think Canada but unsure who says cold weather can raise your BG and make them fluctuate up and down, so apart from the fact you feel under the weather it could have something to do with your BG readings! Just a thought. Hope things settle down for you soon! K

Cold weather has definitely effected mine as indeed dies hot weather

Reactions: Aginoth

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 8.9 it has creped up and no liver block last night. Will see what tomorrow's result is as had to treat a 2.9mmol/l hypo early evening and I over treated it. :confused:

Last edited: