What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

3.6 today

I felt ok but had a few blueberries and a piece of cheese just to be on the safe side ;) retested at 4.1 after 20 mins. before I had breakfast. Off to the doctor's this morning so mr. gee and I will have our lunch out :happy:
Hi geefull glad you managed to get your number up,you could have borrowed some of mine from my evening Meal last nightHaha! They shot to 12.2!K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone
BG @ 2am was 5.7 can't believe it
BG @ 8.30 am was 5.9 great
This diabetes is one huge rollercoaster ride with highs and lows my BG 2 hours after evening Meal last night was 12.2 couldn't believe it. I'm never this high! K
K it's not necessarily the highs we need to concentrate on alone...it's how our bodies respond to those spikes...12.2 is high...but to bring that down to 5.7 overnight is a great response...possibly tense after the biopsy yesterday & worry over Louie...no doubt that contributed to the rise...either way that 5.7 has brought it back within range (5.7 non-diabetic) nicely...well done.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Know exactly what you mean k...couldn't resist this...Harry & his C/Js...told you he was an attention hound;)
@Bubbsie can't get over your Harry he's one heck of a character that last picture is a winner,that chair was meant for him. Dogs are fabulous I've loved them all my life and we've had some wonderful ones,I miss them all terribly! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
K it's not necessarily the highs we need to concentrate on alone...it's how our bodies respond to those spikes...12.2 is high...but to bring that down to 5.7 overnight is a great response...possibly tense after the biopsy yesterday & worry over Louie...no doubt that contributed to the rise...either way that 5.7 has brought it back within range (5.7 non-diabetic) nicely...well done.
Biopsy it this afternoon so what will BG be tomorrow,
Louie is fine back to his old self but I'm taking him to vets when I take Elle for her check up after her ear infection,the vets said they can do some blood tests on him. He slept by my side all night last night again I was too worried he may have another fit!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Get well soon
5.5 at 8:45 happy even had some pasta last night, but was really strict the rest of the day, happy day
New you would do it,we all have those spells when we can't be bothered that's where support from people comes in, theirs a great amount of good people on here. Good to see you happy! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Biopsy it this afternoon so what will BG be tomorrow,
Louie is fine back to his old self but I'm taking him to vets when I take Elle for her check up after her ear infection,the vets said they can do some blood tests on him. He slept by my side all night last night again I was too worried he may have another fit!K
Good luck with both K.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.....7.7 this morning......don't know what is happening .....a poor nights sleep again....
Hope all goes well for your appointment today@Granny_grump_

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very happy to see my readings at 5.1@1000, as I had an operation on my foot yesterday. had a large granuloma removed and my big toe-nail which was growing into my toe at a stupid angle. Sore and have my foot elevated.

Later today I have my PiP assessment...