What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very happy to see my readings at 5.1@1000, as I had an operation on my foot yesterday. had a large granuloma removed and my big toe-nail which was growing into my toe at a stupid angle. Sore and have my foot elevated.

Later today I have my PiP assessment...
Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:inpain: Aginoth...good luck with your assessment...couldn't they give you a bit of leeway with that in view of your surgery yesterday

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:inpain: Aginoth...good luck with your assessment...couldn't they give you a bit of leeway with that in view of your surgery yesterday

Next appointment was a month away. Slight upside having had surgery yesterday I certainly will look the part at the assessment.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is that roughly the same or slightly above yesterdays level Karen...seem to remember it is...couple of things spring to mind...I know so little about type 1 & insulin...just wondering if it may be the rise & that awful head cold have finally reached their peak...if that is a possibility...others here might be able to advise on that...if you have no reduction in another couple of days...call the DSN...ask for an appointment with her or your GP...impress on her it is worrying you...you would like to discuss it with her or your GP...as far as I am aware hyperglycaemia for a short period of time doesn’t immediately cause harm... but...the earlier high blood-sugar issues are treated the better...we should be able to discuss anything that causes us anxiety with our health care teams when necessary in detail.
thanks bubbsie gonna give it a couple of more days then il phone again had gp appointment yesterday she reckons might have an ear infection going on so has given me a spray it probably has been the head cold and a few little bugs over the past couple of weeks (this is week 3 now :bigtears:)see how it goes its just so frustrating :banghead::banghead:but apart from that everything fine not in work as there has been an outbreak of v+d so keeping well away gp also advised same thing :)

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4 this morning. It's rare that I will wake at less than 5.5 really. I can see through my readings that it rises just as I'm about to wake up. On the plus side, I have been in range (4-8.5) for a number of days now.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.4 this morning. It's rare that I will wake at less than 5.5 really. I can see through my readings that it rises just as I'm about to wake up. On the plus side, I have been in range (4-8.5) for a number of days now.
Hi @JoeT1 you seem to be going in the right direction but has I'm type2 I wouldn't really like to advise but your post will be picked up by another type 1 and they should be able to give you better answers to any concerns you have! Good luck !K

Reactions: Aginoth

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very happy to see my readings at 5.1@1000, as I had an operation on my foot yesterday. had a large granuloma removed and my big toe-nail which was growing into my toe at a stupid angle. Sore and have my foot elevated.

Later today I have my PiP assessment...
good luck with your assessment and big hugs for the op ;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
joe thats a good waking number fora type 1 i hope it continues for you ;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks bubbsie gonna give it a couple of more days then il phone again had gp appointment yesterday she reckons might have an ear infection going on so has given me a spray it probably has been the head cold and a few little bugs over the past couple of weeks (this is week 3 now :bigtears:)see how it goes its just so frustrating :banghead::banghead:but apart from that everything fine not in work as there has been an outbreak of v+d so keeping well away gp also advised same thing :)
Fingers crossed it is the head cold + the possible ear infection...if he's given you a spray sounds like an outer ear infection...had that it is incredibly painful...if he's caught it early hopefully it won't get too bad:nurse:...:nurse:you must be relieved you've seen the GP...certainly better than a random conversation in a phone call saying honeymoon period is over...one of my pet hates when we're fobbed by one of our health care team with 'oh it's probably (this)'...it is frustrating Karen...seem to be viruses everywhere...just seen my poor neighbour...she is not well...she's lovely...but keeping away from her...fingers crossed it's reached it's peak & things settle down soon.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fingers crossed it is the head cold + the possible ear infection...if he's given you a spray sounds like an outer ear infection...had that it is incredibly painful...if he's caught it early hopefully it won't get too bad:nurse:...:nurse:you must be relieved you've seen the GP...certainly better than a random conversation in a phone call saying honeymoon period is over...one of my pet hates when we're fobbed by one of our health care team with 'oh it's probably (this)'...it is frustrating Karen...seem to be viruses everywhere...just seen my poor neighbour...she is not well...she's lovely...but keeping away from her...fingers crossed it's reached it's peak & things settle down soon.
thanks bubbs and yes stay away from the neighbour ;)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
thanks bubbs and yes stay away from the neighbour ;)
Although I agree my grandson has now got the bugs again cough and cold aching all over,is there no end to everyone with this winters illness, you all take care and keep warm! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Next appointment was a month away. Slight upside having had surgery yesterday I certainly will look the part at the assessment.
I went with a friend to her PIP assessment for moral support...hated every minute of it...doubt anyone is meant to enjoy them...however I found it such an unwelcoming almost hostile environment...hers was conducted by am ambulance technician...some of the questions were so ambiguous...no idea if they're all like that...but...have to say it was an experience I wouldn't care to repeat...yes...you certainly will look the part...hope that leg/foot is not too painful.