What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi, I'm new to this, not long diagnosed type 2, a bit confused , do you still count calories, am starting to do low carbs, 125 - 150 and work my way down.
Am not on mess, diet only, bought myself a Glucose meter, and my fasting glucose this morning was 7.2, but this was after a shower.
Did test 2 hours after breakfast of porridge, 27 carbs, and my reading was 6.6.
Don't know if I'm doing things right.
Hi @Falkirk_airs you seem to have worked it out already low carbs but not the lowest to start with sensible, but check immediately before any food and 2 hours after food so you find out what foods you eat raises your BG levels it's the only way to regulate how your body tolerates different foods in our diets. And keep a food diary of what you eat and BG reading always very useful to go back to when your wondering what you can eat some days. Good luck on your diabetic journey it will be an eye opener! K

Reactions: ziggy_w and Glenmac

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
3.1 at 3:08 just been woken up by our youngest spaniel
Fantastic dogs Goacher55 and so intuitive to do what they do for you,but have you checked this low BG with your GP or DN to find out why it's happening! Your lows are extreme and regular wouldn't do any harm getting it checked out! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Harry is fine K...he spent the day with the neighbours yesterday while I went off to work...had one of those days (had a good whinge about it in this thread)...enjoying my first coffee...reflecting on events...but got home in one piece...so putting yesterday to bed...Harry sends his love...sent you his 'official' Halloween photo which he insists is one of his best:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:.
Devil Dog Bubbsie! I don't think so! K he's lovely! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
good morning all :)

4.6 today

think I'm getting a cold as I'm afflicted with the sneezes this morning :(
Hope your not! too many sick these days!K

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.1 for me this morning.......just needing more sleep!
Get in front of your mums log fire you will get off to sleep quickly, take care Glenmac! K

Last edited:
Reactions: Glenmac

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Harry is fine K...he spent the day with the neighbours yesterday while I went off to work...had one of those days (had a good whinge about it in this thread)...enjoying my first coffee...reflecting on events...but got home in one piece...so putting yesterday to bed...Harry sends his love...sent you his 'official' Halloween photo which he insists is one of his best:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:.
Harry's a lucky dog! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...what a day yesterday...officially writing it off...worked in London...finished around 2:30pm...about to head for home...car keys had disappeared...stranded...had a lovely client who insisted her husband drive me home to get my spare then back to get my car...did just that...finally heading home...almost there exit road closed...diversions...two more roads closed...on the home straight...then clipped something in the road...tyre 'popped'...limped the last couple of hundred yards on a flat...home around 11pm...woke to a 5.7...relieved...surprised it wasn't double that...but...home in one piece...just one of those days I suppose:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Thank goodness your home and safe! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone
Well what can I say had the most frightening experience around 10 pm last night just got home from visiting son and it started dizzy stomach cramps wanting to be sick then rush to toilet, never had such violent sickness and diahorriea in my life I just felt I was going to pass out, got my grandson to phone work for his grandad to come home,it lasted just over half an hour and I crawled into bed. I've been ok since but my eldest son who is a nurse said he thought it was the reheated chicken I made into soup yesterday and was very surprised at me doing this Has I should have known better! Slapped hands!
But I do think he's probably right and don't want the experience again thought I was dying K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awoke at 3am hypo 3.1 treated went up to 6.3

3.6 at 7am again treated up to 5.5

6.0 at 9am better
how are you feeling cumbs these lows seem to becoming quite regular had a bit of a low myself round 3ish i think my basal may need another tweak now im feeling better sending hugs take care :)

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone
Well what can I say had the most frightening experience around 10 pm last night just got home from visiting son and it started dizzy stomach cramps wanting to be sick then rush to toilet, never had such violent sickness and diahorriea in my life I just felt I was going to pass out, got my grandson to phone work for his grandad to come home,it lasted just over half an hour and I crawled into bed. I've been ok since but my eldest son who is a nurse said he thought it was the reheated chicken I made into soup yesterday and was very surprised at me doing this Has I should have known better! Slapped hands!
But I do think he's probably right and don't want the experience again thought I was dying K
hope your ok today kathleen :):nurse:

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
hope your ok today kathleen :):nurse:
Karen I can't believe it but I'm fine now really thought I was going to pass out don't know how I didn't it was really bad, but it's gone now hopefully but only on water for now tried coffee couple of sips but didn't feel right so stick with water and try something light later! Soups gone in the bin! K

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Get in front of your mums log fire you will get off to sleep quickly, take care Glenmac! K
The last three nights our lovely HGV drivers have upped their anti against the safety measures.They now sound their horns at sporadic intervals throughout the night.One poor neighbour has it right beneath her bedroom window.Yesterday we involved the police so we will see if there's any help there.
Hope you are feeling better now K,take things easy today.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Karen I can't believe it but I'm fine now really thought I was going to pass out don't know how I didn't it was really bad, but it's gone now hopefully but only on water for now tried coffee couple of sips but didn't feel right so stick with water and try something light later! Soups gone in the bin! K
ooooo k as long its not that v+d bug whats going around although what youve had is not pleasant when my stomach off i used to have arrowroot biscuits or dry toast glad your feeling better xx:)

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 this morning. Been dealing with a dodgy sensor the last couple of days so been a bit scattery when it comes to finger pricks, a whole pile right now. Think I have given a little too much insulin again this morning, may need to just grab an egg and a piece of bacon at work and it should even it out around 5.5-6....Hopefully.

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is a low carb Lidl High Protein Roll @ 9.6g Carb and it’s filling!

Triangular in shape.

How do you find them in regards to spikes? Normal bread, or other types seem to spike me no matter the pre bolus. Would like to add this in as a treat at weekends.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ooooo k as long its not that v+d bug whats going around although what youve had is not pleasant when my stomach off i used to have arrowroot biscuits or dry toast glad your feeling better xx:)
What bug is that!? Karen not heard of a stomach bug doing the rounds, that's all we need with rest of bugs also doing the rounds?
Hope not Karen has I do feel ok now will try a toast later! Thanks, K

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What bug is that!? Karen not heard of a stomach bug doing the rounds, that's all we need with rest of bugs also doing the rounds?
Hope not Karen has I do feel ok now will try a toast later! Thanks, K
the norovirus is doing the rounds k ive been off work all week as there was an outbreak of it in the place i work also dr advised i stay away too :)