What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 this morning and haven’t got it down much all day. No idea why as I haven’t eaten anything off plan in three weeks. I did fast for 36 hrs Tuesday into Thursday but that shouldn’t have affected anything should it?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hello all. 6.6 today. Don't really know what to do. My numbers are creeping up and I have no idea how to bring them down.

I have had a sicky few weeks, but am much better now. I have not changed diet, exercise etc so don't think its anything I have done. Any advice? Thanks all.
@Kentoldlady1 I've been the same throughout November upto the other night one health problem after another,BG all over the place but when I was over each illness properly they started to come down. I'm sure yours will do,the same! Hope so anyway! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all. 6.6 today. Don't really know what to do. My numbers are creeping up and I have no idea how to bring them down.

I have had a sicky few weeks, but am much better now. I have not changed diet, exercise etc so don't think its anything I have done. Any advice? Thanks all.
Thank you. Unfortunately it seems to be only up and never down! Used to be in 4s and low 5s, now rarely below 6 and that's a good reading. I am going to up my walking and see if it helps. Don't eat much in the evenings anyway and the liver block thing just seems to make no difference.
KOT...6.6 is still within range but I understand the need to get them back as they were...have you thought of trying a small snack right before bed...doing that myself the last few days...my numbers rose over Christmas...needed to get them down particularly with my review next month...been experimenting the last week... having a couple of biscuits right before bed...alternating between that & intermittent fasting...seems to be working so far...might be an idea?

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi everyone BG today @ 5-30 am 5.9
@Kentoldlady1 Bubbsie right about the snack before bedtime I've tried walnuts or cheese just small portion after getting over last illness and my BG did come down, I also do intermittent fasting so not had snacks before bed before has it interfered with my fasting from evening meal until either mid morning or lunch time. But it's worth a try hope it works for you! K

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 today after a good sleep,@Bubbsie Ill try a bedtime snack and see if that helps!Had decided on a walk today,but have just looked out of the window and changed my mind!
Our HGV drivers gave us a break on Friday,but we had a wake up call at 3.30 this morning,bless them !!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Kentoldlady1 Bubbsie right about the snack before bedtime I've tried walnuts or cheese just small portion after getting over last illness and my BG did come down, I also do intermittent fasting so not had snacks before bed before has it interfered with my fasting from evening meal until either mid morning or lunch time. But it's worth a try hope it works for you! K
&Thanks K...it does seem to be working so far...numbers down...will keep alternating between the I/F & the snack before bedtime...will keep you updated...thank goodness for testing...at least I/we can make an assessment of how things are going...wonder how we'd manage without it?

Reactions: Glenmac and ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 today after a good sleep,@Bubbsie Ill try a bedtime snack and see if that helps!Had decided on a walk today,but have just looked out of the window and changed my mind!
Our HGV drivers gave us a break on Friday,but we had a wake up call at 3.30 this morning,bless them !!
OMG Glenmac that would drive me mad...what selfish Bs...could be the cause of the rise...that disruption....lack of sleep...anxiety...have a look at reactive hypoglycaemia...that probably explains the snack before bedtime far better than I could...worth a try.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oddly enough K I'm now trying a carb snack before bed...have done the protein one...then the intermittent fasting...it's all about finding what works best...will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: ziggy_w