What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I forgot to check my first reading yesterday ..not even sure how I missed it. Today was a respectable 5.3 after a foodie day yesterday
That is very respectable Goacher...I also had a foodie day...unfortunately mine included a large bar of Lindt chocolate...one moment it was there...the next it was gone.:nailbiting:.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until 6am...result...a distinct lack of control yesterday...possibly not entirely my fault...someone brought a bar of Lindt chocolate into the house...temptation...had to remove it...so I ate it...oops...woke to a 5.6...I'll take that:oops:.

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3.9 :banghead:. If i write this into my log book my doctor will lecture me for hours.I do wonder why doctor do not get angry at type 2 with a fasting sugar below 4 but rage at type 1 with fasting sugar below 5.Is the danger of hypoglycemia lower on type 2?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3.9 :banghead:. If i write this into my log book my doctor will lecture me for hours.I do wonder why doctor do not get angry at type 2 with a fasting sugar below 4 but rage at type 1 with fasting sugar below 5.Is the danger of hypoglycemia lower on type 2?
Doctors shouldn't rage or get angry with their patients Gabrielle...that's not acceptable...we should never be worried about discussing these things with our health care professionals...there are times when despite our best efforts it happens...type 2s can & do have hypos...some use insulin & other medications which make them susceptible...we can only do our best...talk to your health care team...they should be offering support & advice...not criticism.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
13.2 for me i give up
Oh Karen I wished I knew what I could say to help but I'm no type1 expert, surely your DN could help, hope they come down soon for your peace of mind. Thinking of you today!K

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BG of 8.8 this morning. Was 6.2 before bed last night with no food in between. Diabetes just drives me nuts.
Hi Ymdawd mine was similar 5.7 last night 6.5 at 4-10 this morning
Just retested and now 5.9 7-30am we cannot win! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doctors shouldn't rage or get angry with their patients Gabrielle...that's not acceptable...we should never be worried about discussing these things with our health care professionals...there are times when despite our best efforts it happens...type 2s can & do have hypos...some use insulin & other medications which make them susceptible...we can only do our best...talk to your health care team...they should be offering support & advice...not criticism.
6.3 this morning. I wanted to go for a walk but it’s a little too chilly for that (-29°c). I’ll lean my workshop instead. That’ll take a lot longer than any walk I would have taken.
Sooner you than me! I'm wondering if I should venture out and it's only raining here! Haha!K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I heat up a slice of Hilo bread or a few slices of Lidl high protein roll in a pan with some coconut oil find it a great Nan substitute not the same I know but At least you’ve got something to dip in the sauce!
Off to get me a stash of LIDL protein rolls this morning shelley...store them in the freezer...I use them for so many different things...great burger buns...toasted...never tried them as a naan substitute...love curry...not the same for me without the breads or rice...definitely going to try that...also may see how it fares as 'fried bread' in an English Breakfast.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Off to get me a stash of LIDL protein rolls this morning shelley...store them in the freezer...I use them for so many different things...great burger buns...toasted...never tried them as a naan substitute...love curry...not the same for me without the breads or rice...definitely going to try that...also may see how it fares as 'fried bread' in an English Breakfast.
Good luck hope lots of supplies at Lidl! I slice each of them into 6 small slices before freeze them in bags of three slices. This helps when you fry or heat them i find or if you want them for solders for a boiled egg- enjoy.