What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi everyone just got my hospital diagnostic letter today it's been sitting in the post box all day, it says the the diagnosis is probably keratoacanthoma so fingers crossed it is and hopefully once removed should be an end to it, but they can return all over body hope the treatment stops this happening has prognosis is not good,so my next appointment is next Tuesday at 12-30 will have some questions to ask when I see doctor ‍⚕️ K
Good luck Granny

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Cumberland it's now causing me some concern Has I was lead to believe it was not life threatening but it depends it can be,and the probably part of letter is because it resembles another cancer, wish me luck I've never been that lucky! K

Oh I am sad to hear This hope everything turne out better than expected , wish you luck and send a virtual hug

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

it's a frosty one today, although it's not much below freezing here it feels cold to me, (but I do think that the issue I have with always feeling cold since I lost so much weight is getting a bit better, hopefully my body is adapting a bit), stay safe everyone if you're going out and about :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone just got my hospital diagnostic letter today it's been sitting in the post box all day, it says the the diagnosis is probably keratoacanthoma so fingers crossed it is and hopefully once removed should be an end to it, but they can return all over body hope the treatment stops this happening has prognosis is not good,so my next appointment is next Tuesday at 12-30 will have some questions to ask when I see doctor ‍⚕️ K
Good luck Granny.

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
T'was a dark and stormy night, and around the house there was a <click> Ow! Hmm..

So pondering grains, bread and if sourdough really was more diabetic friendly, I tried it. 5.3 pre-munching, 9.1 at +2hrs and 7.7 this morning. So for me, that'll be a 'Nope'.. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
T'was a dark and stormy night, and around the house there was a <click> Ow! Hmm..

So pondering grains, bread and if sourdough really was more diabetic friendly, I tried it. 5.3 pre-munching, 9.1 at +2hrs and 7.7 this morning. So for me, that'll be a 'Nope'.. :)
There are those on here who may have said told you so, I of course am not one of them.

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are those on here who may have said told you so, I of course am not one of them.

But that would be unscientific! And I have Bob the Liver as my (unwilling) research assistant. Next experiment might be the tef flour and grains I've ordered.. I suspect injera would have much the same results, but curious if the USDA figures will make it a suitable rice/cous cous alternative.

Reactions: ziggy_w