What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a night we've had here,5.3 before all day and before bed ........7.2 this morning at 3.35am!
We had a visit from the local police yesterday to update us on their surveillance.They planned to be in the village up to midnight......we are in the area where it was advised not to travel,so conditions quite bad.....A horn sounded and woke us at around midnight....decided to sit by the window at 3am and watch the snow and ferry traffic as I was having a sleepless night..Saw two HGVs pass and then both sounded their horns......very identifiable .....phoned in the details as we'd been asked.....just about to sleep at 4.45 another one blasted so more phoning.The snow was quite bad here overnight and the news says quite a few accidents with HGVs jacknifing further along the road from us......perhaps they need to concentrate on their driving!!!(and I must stop being Miss Marple and buy some earplugs)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slow release metformin is the best , we do also lose muscle when loosing weight , But if you eat very low carb and get the right amount of proteins it will be less than if you eat too little protein in a day .
When not doing resistance exercise / weight lifting and alike most People need around 0.8 -1.0 grams of pro kg body weight ... so if you weigh around 100 kg you should eat at least 100 grams of protein Daily . And if you do resistance exercises Then aim for around 1.5 - 2.0 grams ( 150 -200 grams of protein in a day )

I am sorry I did confuse proteins with carbs in the original post... now I have changed the words so they are correct

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

3.8 today

felt ok then had some blueberries and some cheese and was 4.5 about 25 mins later :)
Late posting today, we've been out taking mum out for her birthday :happy: had a very nice and fairly indulgent lunch.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
you certainly cant cumbs hope it settles for you soon as ive said before id sooner run a little high than low glad to hear your ok now but do take care x:)

I agree I really get a bit panicky with lows I feel it sometimes mid 4s and deffo sub 4 and sub 3 well that’s a horrid feeling had one sub 2 and I really did panic then - just a natural reaction I guess

I see you are coming down slowly but surely

Let’s see if we can both meet somewhere in the middle

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree I really get a bit panicky with lows I feel it sometimes mid 4s and deffo sub 4 and sub 3 well that’s a horrid feeling had one sub 2 and I really did panic then - just a natural reaction I guess

I see you are coming down slowly but surely

Let’s see if we can both meet somewhere in the middle
Ooo i hope so cumbs i seem to have been ok last couple of days .but like you say lows are scarey and i tend to panic myself and i get very shakey and panicky in the low 4s which only adds to the episode is your basal insulin correct .because now i feel better ive had to lower mine

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi everyone just got my hospital diagnostic letter today it's been sitting in the post box all day, it says the the diagnosis is probably keratoacanthoma so fingers crossed it is and hopefully once removed should be an end to it, but they can return all over body hope the treatment stops this happening has prognosis is not good,so my next appointment is next Tuesday at 12-30 will have some questions to ask when I see doctor ‍⚕️ K

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi everyone just got my hospital diagnostic letter today it's been sitting in the post box all day, it says the the diagnosis is probably keratoacanthoma so fingers crossed it is and hopefully once removed should be an end to it, but they can return all over body hope the treatment stops this happening has prognosis is not good,so my next appointment is next Tuesday at 12-30 will have some questions to ask when I see doctor ‍⚕️ K

Not an easy time for you Kathleen
Please accept a well intentioned hug

Reactions: ziggy_w and Freema

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ooo i hope so cumbs i seem to have been ok last couple of days .but like you say lows are scarey and i tend to panic myself and i get very shakey and panicky in the low 4s which only adds to the episode is your basal insulin correct .because now i feel better ive had to lower mine

Yes I will titrate downwards with basal if I continue with hypo fasting bgs

I’m like you I really get the shakes
I’m glad you are feeling a bit better

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Not an easy time for you Kathleen
Please accept a well intentioned hug
Thanks Cumberland it's now causing me some concern Has I was lead to believe it was not life threatening but it depends it can be,and the probably part of letter is because it resembles another cancer, wish me luck I've never been that lucky! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi k goodluck for your appointment although a worrying time please try to stay positive i hope for the best news for you sending big hugs xx

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up at 3am...but thankfully back to bed for another couple of hours...must finish my accounts today...HMRC waits for no man (or woman for that matter)...enjoying the quiet this morning...have to say the weather put me in such a spin yesterday...chimney stack needs attention...but can't do that until the spring...woke to a 5.1.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with the appointment K...write those questions down....thinking positively for you...will have you in mind next week...all fingers crossed.