I like this fasting makarky

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I'm wondering about doing IF but when I've tried to not eat breakfast, my bg levels just go up and up. I have a problem in the mornings anyway with high readings - they are usually between 7 and 8 no matter what I eat/ don't eat the night before. If I eat breakfast they usually start to drop. If I don't eat breakfast they climb until they are 10+ by lunchtime.

Do you think if I persist in not having breakfast then my body will eventually readjust itself? Fasting really doesn't seem to work for me but to be honest, I've never tried for more than a couple of days at a time when because my bg levels shoot up and I get scared!

Rather than skip breakfast completely, you could try having a coffee with double cream straight after getting up. This works for me. I don't count it as food and still consider it to be a fast.

Reactions: meandmaboy

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I'm a bit reluctant to skip dinner as I work out most evenings and tend to feel a bit sick if I do it on a completely empty stomach.

Usually I have eggs for breakfast, chicken or fish with salad or veg for lunch and then a snack at about 6pm, workout 7 -9pm, then home for a light supper. Breakfast would be the easiest thing to cut out, then late lunch to tie in with evening meal. But my body doesn't seem to like that idea!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I'm a bit reluctant to skip dinner as I work out most evenings and tend to feel a bit sick if I do it on a completely empty stomach.

Usually I have eggs for breakfast, chicken or fish with salad or veg for lunch and then a snack at about 6pm, workout 7 -9pm, then home for a light supper. Breakfast would be the easiest thing to cut out, then late lunch to tie in with evening meal. But my body doesn't seem to like that idea!
Why not try the double cream in your morning drink instead of breakfast. I found it really helpful when first started fasting it does help to keep bg down especially when first fasting.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could try double cream. I usually drink black coffee first thing. Worth a go.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I could try double cream. I usually drink black coffee first thing. Worth a go.

Works for me! I have my coffee and double cream (a generous amount) immediately I get up. I then have a cup of tea with a dash of milk mid morning.

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who are not willing to give up sugar, starches, fizzy drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
Hi all,

Ok, after doing LCHF on and off, I decided to do some fasting again. This week I have been doing 16:8 - and in all honesty, I've found it easy. I stop eating at 7pm, and start again at 11am. Within a day my BG was down....and has between 4.7 & 6 all week., and I'm 2kg down too. I'll take that. On the non fast times I'm eating a keto diet too, and according to my keto sticks I've been in ketosis for 3 days now.

The interesting thing to me, is that this morning I did an experiment. I had bread - as suspected by BG went up - after 2 hours it hit 17..... But, an hour later it was at 7.6. I've never known a drop like that. I have to say I'm enjoying the fasts and am enjoying watching the various Youtube videos out there. I did Dukan some years back and lost 3 stone plus. Lets see where this goes.

S
Congrats on those fasting results. What is Dukan?

Reactions: Goacher55

Arlmy

I do intermittent fasting most days of the week, but I don’t test my blood sugars any more, my hba1c was 6.6, it dropped from 7.1 so I’m just continuing with what I’m doing just being careful. Regular excersie some cheat days ( just can’t help it) can any one advise if I’m doing g the right thing ? I honestly find it very difficult testing regular never enough time , does any one have that problem ? And cheat days ?

Hi Fati2
I can relate to this - I don’t test either, just regular exercise, following a lchf diet on most days, and yes cheat on some days too, my HBA1c was 6.0 three months ago so hoping it goes back to normal when I get tested next.