suitable snack for on the move or at home

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got myself a bag of celery and some cream cheese last time I needed to find something to eat and there was no hot meat - not very warming on a cold day, but it was enough to tide me over until I got home near midnight.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On a low carb high(er) fat diet, it isn't really necessary to snack as you body should be able to manage better with the fat you eat keeping you satisfied for longer. So it's worth while making sure that you eat enough at meal times.

But if you do snack then any finger type low carb food, including small quantities of high % cocoa chocolate, should do the trick. You could also look up recipes in our low carb section or on Google for "fat bombs"!

Robbity

pixikim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a bag of raw cacao powder from Holland & Barrett's and I add about 5g of that to my morning Chia seed porridge with a small amount of sweetener. It's a very intense chocolatey flavour. Apparently cacao (rather than cocoa) boosts serotonin levels and helps reduce inflammation among other things!

Reactions: Incyb

Incyb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I got a bag of raw cacao powder from Holland & Barrett's and I add about 5g of that to my morning Chia seed porridge with a small amount of sweetener. It's a very intense chocolatey flavour. Apparently cacao (rather than cocoa) boosts serotonin levels and helps reduce inflammation among other things!
How do you make the porridge? Sounds fab!