1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

suitable snack for on the move or at home

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by lucydiabetic_, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I got myself a bag of celery and some cream cheese last time I needed to find something to eat and there was no hot meat - not very warming on a cold day, but it was enough to tide me over until I got home near midnight.

2. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

On a low carb high(er) fat diet, it isn't really necessary to snack as you body should be able to manage better with the fat you eat keeping you satisfied for longer. So it's worth while making sure that you eat enough at meal times.

But if you do snack then any finger type low carb food, including small quantities of high % cocoa chocolate, should do the trick. You could also look up recipes in our low carb section or on Google for "fat bombs"!

Robbity

3. pixikim

pixikim Type 1 · Newbie

I got a bag of raw cacao powder from Holland & Barrett's and I add about 5g of that to my morning Chia seed porridge with a small amount of sweetener. It's a very intense chocolatey flavour. Apparently cacao (rather than cocoa) boosts serotonin levels and helps reduce inflammation among other things!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Incyb

Incyb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How do you make the porridge? Sounds fab!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook