What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I have some of the same eye issues:mild cataracts, mild Fuchs corneal dystrophy, moderate new diabetic retinopathy, macular leak, age related macular degeneration but one doc says this is diabetic related macular issue. I am still learning about this which is mostly new to me, so have little in the way of ideas

Cataracts cause a bit of night blindness butso do various corneal disorders. I wear night glare glasses over regular trifocal glasses, drive only slow roads to the side of the road to ameliorate.

I cannot stand cold because I have low thyroid, Hashimoto's, and my average temperature this year dipped from 97 to 95. There is a kind of clothing called far infrared fabric clothing meant for people who are cold. supposedly, but I do not have access to one, an infrared sauna is very good for individuals like me and a normal sauna second for helping manage. When Ihad access to aregular sauna and used it 3x a week, my ability to handle temperature extremes was great.

Raynauds is a disorder I do not have but also causes people not to regulate temperature well. This is mostly extremities, but it is severe enough for them to turn color
Hi@Contralto it makes you wonder what else type2 can throw up,lots of us with so many issues to deal with but most people would never know they were related to type2 or even type1. This was my point when I said we should talk more openly about these health problems we have and get diabetes.co.uk to list them all,may be then we may have a voice to speak up for us with the medical profession! It's just an idea at this stage and I've no idea if they would do this for us? What does any of you think? ! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG @ 7 am was 6.2
I'm hardly eating much in last couple of days and probably not interested in what I do have so not surprising !
Went to hospital yesterday they removed the stitches that held the lump of somthing supporting the graft in my leg so nothing but a Vaseline gauze and a silicon plaster with cushioning and a leg support to avoid swelling in my foot.
I've to do nothing more than potter around the bungalow for a week to allow the graft to take,so this is me for a week leg up on a cushion on settee has ordered,back for more dressings next week so I need this horrible hole in my leg to fill in which apparently takes 12 months but I will still have a dent in my leg it doesn't fill in completely! So motto for you all use an higher factor sun cream regularly during sunny days and that includes when you are in UK not just abroad! K

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You are all so thoughtful thank you I know we can't change anything but we were not expecting any of it she had not been herself in past few weeks and blood test didn't reveal anything but something was not right I could tell and I don't know why but I told vet yesterday when I dropped her off that I was unhappy she had to have this exploratory to find out what was causing the breathing problems, don't know much about enlarged hearts but that's what caused her death and we had know idea! We do miss her terribly!k
Well I may Has tell you about the carcinoma I had removed I've been to hospital today to have fresh dressings put on no results for a couple of weeks more,but the hole is worse than I feared it's around 1 inch or more across and same deep,I cannot do anything but potter around the bungalow next week or graft could fail so I'll be on here more no doubt. Just hoping for a good outcome! What a start to a new year its been **** upto now! K Take care of each other will chat again tomorrow!K
So sorry for your lost , thinking of you at this sad time x

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone my BG this morning was 7.7
@ Granny so sorry for the loss
@heavyd thank you we are trying hard not to get upset Has my eyes look like red swollen bags,I could use them instead of a suitcase at the moment. But she was so part of our family such a softy I'm missing her company, our other dog Louie is more independent not so clingy has Elle!We will get there, and again to everyone who has sent there hugs thank you all very much! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.1 this morning. First I realised the boiler had packed up was when I couldn't get any hot water to wash/warm up my hands before testing!
Sorry to here your boiler isn't working especially at this time of year, hopefully you will get it fixed soon! K

Reactions: Freema

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to here your boiler isn't working especially at this time of year, hopefully you will get it fixed soon! K
Thanks! My plumber is great and will let me know if there's anything I can do this end before he charges me to come out, so getting in touch with him now, fingers crossed it's something that can be fixed easily.

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
Oh Granny_grump_ I am so sorry to hear of your so sad a loss, I know how heart breaking it is I still miss Maisie pug so much and it was nearly 10 months ago that we lost her. When I am feeling really low about her I listen to a song on you tube, it is One More Light by Linkin Park and is a tribute to all the losses everyone has had, it makes me cry so much but strangely then it makes me feel so much better for a while. We found it helped Aggie pug to go to the places we used to go for our walks so that she could see Maisie wasn't there because she missed her so much. Also she wouldn't eat and so we had to hand feed her to start with. If you need to vent your feelings please message me and we can do it together.