1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. Glenmac

Glenmac Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Granny_grump_ So sorry for your loss......these dogs become real much loved family members.My family in France have a lovely labradoodle and each time we visit she remembers that hubby takes her for walks,we love her to bits.
    Regarding allergies,I had a bad reaction in my fifties,to an antibiotic and couldn't work for three months with liver damage I'd never had any allergies previously.I also have the anxiety thing too,and take medication.After reading posts on the forum I feel there must be a link to diabetes.Like some on the forum I have also developed a skin condition,lichen planus,which is linked to the immune system.This bloomin diabetes doesn't come on its own,all the more reason for the newly diagnosed type 2s to be given good diet choices/options.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. philchap1

philchap1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss x

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh, @Granny_grump_, how devastating. I don't really have words to express how sorry I am for your loss.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. Keesha

Keesha Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am very sorry to hear of your loss Granny_grump. I lost my American Eskimo in 2014 and it still hurts. I hope time will heal your wounds but I know it will not be easy. Just take care of yourself. Much love to you.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

aw k so sorry to hear this xx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  7. Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You are all so thoughtful thank you I know we can't change anything but we were not expecting any of it she had not been herself in past few weeks and blood test didn't reveal anything but something was not right I could tell and I don't know why but I told vet yesterday when I dropped her off that I was unhappy she had to have this exploratory to find out what was causing the breathing problems, don't know much about enlarged hearts but that's what caused her death and we had know idea! We do miss her terribly!k
    Well I may Has tell you about the carcinoma I had removed I've been to hospital today to have fresh dressings put on no results for a couple of weeks more,but the hole is worse than I feared it's around 1 inch or more across and same deep,I cannot do anything but potter around the bungalow next week or graft could fail so I'll be on here more no doubt. Just hoping for a good outcome! What a start to a new year its been **** upto now! K Take care of each other will chat again tomorrow!K

• Hug Hug x 4
  8. Granny_grump_

Nothing wrong with that BG number! K

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. karen8967

Sending big hugs kathleen xx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Glenmac

Glenmac Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Granny_grump_ What a time you've had this year,sending you big hugs.G

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Granny_grump_

Just wish and hope this year gets better! Thank you!K

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Granny_grump_

@geefull we all need to support each other with helpful information on any diabetic problems we have,it's the only way we can find out if they could be diabetic related. People on here can help others get the help they need,it's the only way we can find out more of what type2 throws at us, I hadn't heard of Litchen Planus skin complaints before nor linked anxiety and stress related problems with diabetes until I read it on here. This information only helps people to seek help especially when they realise they are not on there own,Your so right about diabetes type2 and all the underlying related problems it throws up. How could we get this information out there so it's picked up, and not just by us the diabetic but the medical profession has well they are so ready to play down type2 like it's nothing to worry about. Well I totally Don't Agree with this something needs doing about it ! K if anyone has any ideas has to what we can do get it out here so we can try and change doctors perception on type2!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. gusbudone

gusbudone Type 2 · Well-Known Member

today 4.66 eat rice about 120 gram each day and use metformin 3 times, I reduced the rice from the previous 500 grams

• Like Like x 5
  14. pleinster

pleinster Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that, pal. x

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. karen8967

6.4 for me have a great day all ITS FRIDAY

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

3.6 @ 05.32

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

6.0 at 7:30

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Freaky Friday!! Me and my BG have decided to start the day on a high. 8.1!!!!! And we didn't nibble yesterday! Swearing comes to my lips

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  19. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oh Granny_grump, I am so very sorry. That's very sad news and you must be absolutely shattered by it. Look after yourselves and each other, and I'm sure that all of us are thinking of you and are sorry to hear this terrible news.

Be very gentle with yourself; and give your other dog a hug for me because he must be very bewildered by the absence of Elle from the home.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #21619 WuTwo, Feb 23, 2018 at 6:52 AM
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  20. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

4.8 this morning. Surprised by that since I wasn't exactly careful yesterday but then I did spend the day concentrating hard, and working on one single (somewhat huge) spreadsheet for hours at a time. I have noticed that intense concentration really brings the blood sugar down which I find odd given that the harder I'm working the less I'm moving or exercising.

I guess the cogwheels and gears in my brain take a lot of effort to move! (Great mental picture - I can imagine my cartoon cutaway brain in action like another Tim Burton Alice film :))

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook