Prof. Tom Noakes on BBC's Food Program

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for providing the link, miahara. I heard the last part of this programme whilst driving home this morning and had planned to search out the podcast to listen to the full programme; you saved me the job of hunting for it.

Cheers :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I do so like the Prof. Thanks for the heads up.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Short and sweet. I like the Prof's honesty re the Kenyan marathon runners. I must learn more about the Israeli study, I have read Moseley's book on the gut biome and found it fascinating. Thank you again for posting, I listen to a lot of R4 but I have never been tempted by The Food Programme so I would have missed this episode.

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw the last episode where a woman who was diabetic lost about a stone and half of weight and at the end of the programme she quoouted "I am no longer a diabetic and I've got my life back". From what I've learned on here from lots of members is you are not cured but in remission. What are your thoughts on this?

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I saw the last episode where a woman who was diabetic lost about a stone and half of weight and at the end of the programme she quoouted "I am no longer a diabetic and I've got my life back". From what I've learned on here from lots of members is you are not cured but in remission. What are your thoughts on this?
My take on it is that diabetes is a chronic condition that cannot be "cured". It can be held in remission by drugs and/or lifestyle changes. The lady in question is still in my opinion diabetic.