1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Prof. Tom Noakes on BBC's Food Program

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by miahara, Feb 25, 2018.

1. miahara

miahara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. eggs11

eggs11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for this @miahara! Going to have a listen now :)

3. Salvia

Salvia Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Thanks for providing the link, miahara. I heard the last part of this programme whilst driving home this morning and had planned to search out the podcast to listen to the full programme; you saved me the job of hunting for it.

Cheers :)

4. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

I do so like the Prof. Thanks for the heads up.

5. CL_in_NZ

CL_in_NZ I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting!

6. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Short and sweet. I like the Prof's honesty re the Kenyan marathon runners. I must learn more about the Israeli study, I have read Moseley's book on the gut biome and found it fascinating. Thank you again for posting, I listen to a lot of R4 but I have never been tempted by The Food Programme so I would have missed this episode.

7. mazza 2

mazza 2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I saw the last episode where a woman who was diabetic lost about a stone and half of weight and at the end of the programme she quoouted "I am no longer a diabetic and I've got my life back". From what I've learned on here from lots of members is you are not cured but in remission. What are your thoughts on this?

8. miahara

miahara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My take on it is that diabetes is a chronic condition that cannot be "cured". It can be held in remission by drugs and/or lifestyle changes. The lady in question is still in my opinion diabetic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook