Status
Not open for further replies.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read what I wrote and not what your prejudice makes you think I wrote please.
Please, please can this informative thread not get threadjacked by anyone and shut down. This is such an important mechanism for me to understand. It could make a big difference to how I handle my CFS from a dietary point of view.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
From what I recall it turns into heat..
You might find this one interesting

Yep, back to my previous post. The products of the metabolism of fat, CO2, water and heat are excreted. Visceral and subcutaneous fat cannot be excreted!

Reactions: Hwad

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please, please can this informative thread not get threadjacked by anyone and shut down. This is such an important mechanism for me to understand. It could make a big difference to how I handle my CFS from a dietary point of view.

If you really want to understand the various stages of fat adaptation I will do some searching for you tomorrow and send you some links by PM.
I can't see the point in posting anything here where the uninformed will simply score petty points and think they are being clever.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, back to my previous post. The products of the metabolism of fat, CO2, water and heat are excreted. Visceral and subcutaneous fat cannot be excreted!
just when I thought I was grasping something, I am lost again.

so, if I eat too much fat, it is excreted because fat adaption means it doesnt become visceral or subcutaneous fat?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So where do they go if you "loose" them they must be burnt as energy. There is literally nowhere else for them to go surely.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, excess fat goes to heat?
Not toilet floaters?

Is this true?

(sorry for the terms, but I really think it's the only way to phrase it)

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you really want to understand the various stages of fat adaptation I will do some searching for you tomorrow and send you some links by PM.
I can't see the point in posting anything here where the uninformed will simply score petty points and think they are being clever.
I appreciate your help.

I got into this CFS mess partly because my doctor kept telling me to eat more carbs for energy, then I got diabetes too. I have a different doctor, found this site, and my life changed, by my CFS hasnt changed much. I trying somehting else is worth a punt, I am willing to try it, once I understand it.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I appreciate your help.

I got into this CFS mess partly because my doctor kept telling me to eat more carbs for energy, then I got diabetes too. I have a different doctor, found this site, and my life changed, by my CFS hasnt changed much. I trying somehting else is worth a punt, I am willing to try it, once I understand it.

You know, if it needs to be PM, question why?
If it doesn't stand up to being questioned, I tend to bin it.

No offense to anyone like, but it seems excess fat goes to heat.
I never knew that.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If excess fat goes to to heat, and you lose weight on LCHF, why do you feel cold when you lose weight?

Asking for a friend

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I appreciate your help.

CFS does seem to benefit from a keto diet, but you need very low carbs.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry that's not what I read there.
excess fat is excreted after a while on LCHF.

that bit. That if we eat too much fat, it is excreted - that means it isnt stored as visceral or subcutaneous fat, doesnt it. Which is in direct contradiction to the other links i posted about being aware of how much we are eating even when LCHF-ing, as we can put on weight.

Therefore, as i read it, the idea that it doesnt matter how much fat we eat as it is either used or goes down the toilet, is wrong.

I really cant afford to stop counting calories as well as carbs, on the unproven idea that any excess will go right through me, so it doesnt matter if I just eat until I am full, whenever I am hungry.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
It is now past my bedtime! I shall wait until tomorrow to see if some of the misconceptions have been resolved. Good night to you all!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
If excess fat goes to to heat, and you lose weight on LCHF, why do you feel cold when you lose weight?

Asking for a friend
Fat under the skin acts as a heat insulator. Less fat = feeling colder as more body heat is lost.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
got any links to scientific studies please? I havent found any with my google-fu recently.
I can't say it's scientific.
It could be another snake oil salesman.
(this site appears to has a few)

But, I have a mate with a kid, and a friends who's wife points her to
http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Ketogenic_diet_-_the_practical_details

Obviously, like all the gurus, the site sells miraculous fixes, but the basics still seem to be helpful.
It's not a magic fix, it just makes the better days last a bit longer, and the c**p days not so c**p.
But it does seem to be better.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fat under the skin acts as a heat insulator. Less fat = feeling colder as more body heat is lost.

More calories burning, more heat, feel warmer.
You can't argue both sides really.

Or is burning fat for heat utter rubbish?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Status
Not open for further replies.