Eggs?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What to do with them? I usually have fish for tea on a Thursday but I have a fancy for a change and want egg for some bizarre reason! Whatever way they will be served with boiled potatoes and green beans, hit me with a few ideas please! LOL xx

D

Deleted member 308541

Whatever way they will be served with boiled potatoes and green beans, hit me with a few ideas please!
Use cold cooked spud and veggies, then crack a couple of eggs in to it, stir in then cook in the fry pan.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat loads, boiled, fried, scrambled, poached or omelettes and then you can add anything to it. :)

Hotpepper20000

I have what I call clean up the fridge frittata.
Any leftover meat and veg in a ovenproof frypan.
Whip up a few eggs with favourite seasoning and cheese. Pot over top veg and meat and if you’d like a bit of extra cheese over top.
Place in a moderate oven and bake till done

Reactions: kaylz91

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
What to do with them? I usually have fish for tea on a Thursday but I have a fancy for a change and want egg for some bizarre reason! Whatever way they will be served with boiled potatoes and green beans, hit me with a few ideas please! LOL xx
dont eat the spuds!

;)

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like making savoury egg mini muffins - mixing beaten egg with bits like chopped onion, chopped peppers, chunks of feta cheese, chopped cherry tomatoes, torn bits of sun-dried tomatoes. Bake in the oven for a bit and job done. I use a silicone mini muffin tray so I don't have to use paper cases. Haven't done them for a while but talking about them has put them on the menu for tomorrow!

Reactions: kaylz91

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd consider going with the frittata idea, but I would use the potato and veg in it. I'd cook the potato, then saute it is bacon fat, then add the beans, to pick up some flavour, add the eggs and give it a decent ignoring in the oven until it's optimum scumptiousness is achieved.

Can you tell I might be a lazy cook?